No announcement yet.

Short Shifter for FS5R90A Turbo Tranny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Shifter for FS5R90A Turbo Tranny?

As most of you know I dumped the NA Tranny (71C) and got a 90A T-5.

THe only tranny has a cut down stock shifter (shaft cut down) and my shift knob would just fit over it and grasp it using allen head screws on the side of the knob.

Im looking for a aftermarket shifter that is at LEAST 50-60% shorter, I dont care if its a short shifter or not, any recomendations would be welcome including the modification of the stock shifter shaft, though 2 inches down from the top of the shaft it starts getting really thick (the thickness of the shaft).

Any Ideas? :?
    1SIKZ31 -86 SlickTop- R.I.P. 03/01/10 ... Parted out :-(
    ... New Project: LS1 Miata. Complete. 510whp. 2500lbs.
    1 Month Away from Rear Mount 76 --> 650-700whp.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISSAN-3 ... enameZWDVW
    if i had a T5 transmission i would own this shifter, my friend has a similar one in his mustang and it works great, feels shorter. and it looks great, i personally like the angle in it.

i just wish someone made a nice shifter for the FS5R30A,a short throw shifter is a very awsome upgrade.

good luck
    http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

Comment

get a B&M shifter (the best!) for a fox body mustang. those shifters freaking rock.

You do know the difference between shortening the shaft and shortening the throw right?
      Lance 'never-ending 88na2t project' Landry
      I sell Z stuff when I'm not being lazy.
      Trace cell phones via GPS: http://www.phonetrace.org

Comment

1SIKZ31 wrote: As most of you know I dumped the NA Tranny (71C) and got a 90A T-5.

THe only tranny has a cut down stock shifter (shaft cut down) and my shift knob would just fit over it and grasp it using allen head screws on the side of the knob.

Im looking for a aftermarket shifter that is at LEAST 50-60% shorter, I dont care if its a short shifter or not, any recomendations would be welcome including the modification of the stock shifter shaft, though 2 inches down from the top of the shaft it starts getting really thick (the thickness of the shaft).

why did you "dump" the NA tranny for a t-5? also, did you spray paint you hood black to try and make it look carbon fiber?

Comment

[quote]Chris86NA2T wrote:
          Originally posted by 1SIKZ31
          As most of you know I dumped the NA Tranny (71C) and got a 90A T-5.

why did you "dump" the NA tranny for a t-5? also, did you spray paint you hood black to try and make it look carbon fiber?
          You need to read..

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

z

Comment

onefast87 wrote: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISSAN-3 ... enameZWDVW
              if i had a T5 transmission i would own this shifter, my friend has a similar one in his mustang and it works great, feels shorter. and it looks great, i personally like the angle in it.

i just wish someone made a nice shifter for the FS5R30A,a short throw shifter is a very awsome upgrade.

good luck
              I want to purchase this right now, but how long is that shaft? in the picture it shows the shifter, and then the actual shaft connects using 2 screws with nuts on the ends, but it looks like its only like 1 inch long (the shaft itself).

How high is this shifter going to sit inside the cabin?
              :?

Comment

this shifter wont come up any higher than the stock shifter
                http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

Comment

onefast87 wrote: this shifter wont come up any higher than the stock shifter
                  Wait... I dont get what you mean?
                  I dont want it to come up higher than the stock shifter, I want it to SIT LOW, is this thing adjustable? I dont get it...?

My OLD NA shifter sat SUPER low, the top of the NA shiftknob I had sat parallel with the the center console, YES that low.
                  I want a similar affect with the R90A Transmission I have, and you cant just cut the stock one down because it gets fat at the bottom. :?

Comment

why the fuck would you want it that low?

I personally would NEVER trust an eBay brand shifter, or many other brands as well, you basically get what you pay for.

ideally, I'd run a C's shifter in a 71C

Comment

Well Im used to it like that, and I have a R90A now, so I need input on how low its going to sit? (the one in the ebay link above)

Comment

So you want it low, not the shifts to be shortened?

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: So you want it low, not the shifts to be shortened?
                          EXACTLY what I want!
                          How can I do this?

Comment

Cut and weld?

Not going with a short shifter will probably be better for your trans anyways.

Comment

z

Comment

Working...
                              X