Just sent out tax return for Modern motorsport axles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just sent out tax return for Modern motorsport axles

I just sent out exactly $1410 to Modern Motorsports for the upraded axle conversion. It includes, Two axle stubs, two companion flanges with ARP wheel studs, and all related bearings to complete the install.

The payment I sent off is to over cover shipping as well. They didnt know exact shipping but the I thought the kit alone was going to be 1400 so I dont have a problem with paying $10 more than what I thought it was gonna be just for shipping.

I'll post up pics when I get them. They said it would probably take 4 weeks to get them out due to my spot in line.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Very cool.
    Yea definitly post some pics up when you get them.
    2005 whore magnet

Comment

I remember that S12 guy posted pictures, and they looked fairly straightforward. I think he is running pretty consistant 9's on them now. If you have a upgraded DS then the real question I have is what breaks next? I am thinking half shafts, or gear teeth in the transmission.

Personally, I'm also wondering why you didn't just buy a complete ford 9"/rear axle/disc brakes for that money. I guess lots of us can be diehard nissan freaks...

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: I remember that S12 guy posted pictures, and they looked fairly straightforward. I think he is running pretty consistant 9's on them now. If you have a upgraded DS then the real question I have is what breaks next? I am thinking half shafts, or gear teeth in the transmission.

Personally, I'm also wondering why you didn't just buy a complete ford 9"/rear axle/disc brakes for that money. I guess lots of us can be diehard nissan freaks...
        Yeah if I was gonna spend $1400 on some stubs I would definately consider a 9" or a 8.8" with some nice suspension components and a nice posi or locker.
        Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
        1986 300zx Turbo
        2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
        1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Comment

Yeah but then I gotta take the time a fab it in. Time is one thing that I am running short on. That and I dont want a live axle. I was told the next thing that is going to break is the actual half shafts by the differential.

Comment

I'm probably going to have to send my axles off here pretty soon as well. Good luck with it all.
            2006 TR/R GTO M6 18s Stock

1986 MB & S/B Z31 300ZX Turbo 5spd Not Stock

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: Personally, I'm also wondering why you didn't just buy a complete ford 9"/rear axle/disc brakes for that money. I guess lots of us can be diehard nissan freaks...
              because then it becomes just another muscle car/hot rod

Comment

True. When someone asks me what I've done to the rearend on my Nissan, I'd hate say "Ford".
                Attached Files
                1987 300ZX Turbo - http://www.z31performance.com/forum/vie ... php?t=3114
                2001 Tiburon Turbo 60-1 270whp/268tq

No cupholders? Where am I gonna put my beer????

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: I guess lots of us can be diehard nissan freaks...
                  Hit the nail on the head
                  Like it was said above its nice to say your running a Nissan rear end instead of the Ford 9" like the majority of Drag Racers out there.
                  2005 whore magnet

Comment

interesating, post pics as soon as you get them.
                    Gone - 1988 Shiro
                    2004 BMW 330Ci
                    2005 BMW 330i
                    1991 Twin Turbo Z's (Red and Black)
                    http://www.E46Turbo330Ci.com

Comment

If i lived in CO, with at the beautiful twisty backroads, the last thing i'd want is a live axle. I can't wait to drive the Z up to my cousins place in Conifer.

Maybe some of you take them for granted, but good god these straight (although usually hilly) roads get boring after a while.
                      My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
                      My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
                      207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

Az4u2c wrote: If i lived in CO, with at the beautiful twisty backroads, the last thing i'd want is a live axle. I can't wait to drive the Z up to my cousins place in Conifer.

Maybe some of you take them for granted, but good god these straight (although usually hilly) roads get boring after a while.
                        +1^ 8)

Comment

[quote]SteveZ31 wrote:
                          Originally posted by Jason84NA2T
                          I guess lots of us can be diehard nissan freaks...
                          Hit the nail on the head
                          Like it was said above its nice to say your running a Nissan rear end instead of the Ford 9" like the majority of Drag Racers out there.
                          I'm going that route with my 86T when it's ready for it because it IS going to be a drag car... The only reason NOT to do it is due to the reasons said above, if you want an all round car then a live axle would be far from ideal. The other reason being the whole brand loyalty thing which is very silly in my opinion, proven performers are the best way to go if that's what suits your application.
                          http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

[quote]300zxt wrote: [quote=SteveZ31]
                            Originally posted by Jason84NA2T
                            I guess lots of us can be diehard nissan freaks...
                            Hit the nail on the head
                            I'm going that route with my 86T when it's ready for it because it IS going to be a drag car... The only reason NOT to do it is due to the reasons said above, if you want an all round car then a live axle would be far from ideal. The other reason being the whole brand loyalty thing which is very silly in my opinion, proven performers are the best way to go if that's what suits your application.
                            I guess thats it though, Some people just want to be different. This is why I built a Z31 in colorado. How many of those run sub 12's here in CO? I can count it on one finger. Now how many people in the import world swap over to a live axle to run 9's? I cant count that on all my limbs. Its good to be a littel different somtimes. I want to have somthing that not a lot of people do. If I just wanted a fast car I would go out and build a 7 gazillion liter twin turbo engine and drop it in a fox body or somthing stupid like that and be just like everyone else.

Comment

Exactly, it's all down to personal preference and ones application... I've got enough Z's that I can afford to make one for each purpose hehe Although Z31's in general here are so damn rare just one making an appearance in any shape or form is something special in itself!
                              http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

Working...
                              X