Sweet!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet!!!

My brothers car was down for a year b/c we did a 5sp swap and couldnt fin a driveshaft for this tranny for a year. Well we found a 2+2 in the junkyard and grabed the whole motor trans for 150. so we put this trans and stuff in but what about the other trans. He bought 3 diff drive shafts and non of them fit :shock: . The trannys supposed to be a 88 turbo tranny. Well the 88 yolk dont fit. Anyway i took out my friends motor and trans today in his 91 TT. We took the tranny over his house and sure enough the yolk fit perfect. This tranny and the 91tt tranny look a little the same but are diff. The 91 trans the shifter comes out the back and the "unknown trans" the shifter somes out the top. The TT trans looks a little beefier and the postion of the sensors looks a little diff. WHAT IS THIS TRANS. could it be a N/A z32 Tranny??
    89' Turbo-R.I.P. (scrapped)
    87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X
    07 Frontier XE <----(turd) daily

87-89T transmissions use the same driveshaft slip yoke as the 90-96 Z32 trans does. They are also almost the same gearset internally. This is why it fit.

You were probably just not getting an 87-89 TURBO driveshaft to try... People get them mixed up easily.

Comment

Black 89Turbo wrote: My brothers car was down for a year b/c we did a 5sp swap and couldnt fin a driveshaft for this tranny for a year. Well we found a 2+2 in the junkyard and grabed the whole motor trans for 150. so we put this trans and stuff in but what about the other trans. He bought 3 diff drive shafts and non of them fit :shock: . The trannys supposed to be a 88 turbo tranny. Well the 88 yolk dont fit. Anyway i took out my friends motor and trans today in his 91 TT. We took the tranny over his house and sure enough the yolk fit perfect. This tranny and the 91tt tranny look a little the same but are diff. The 91 trans the shifter comes out the back and the "unknown trans" the shifter somes out the top. The TT trans looks a little beefier and the postion of the sensors looks a little diff. WHAT IS THIS TRANS. could it be a N/A z32 Tranny??
      you can have a driveshaft built to spec for under 300 bucks.. you really let the car sit for a year because you couldnt find a driveshaft?

Comment

you can have a driveshaft built to spec for under 300 bucks.. you really let the car sit for a year because you couldnt find a driveshaft?
        Hes geeting a custom driveshaft he just need to find a yolk. It sat for a year. My brother got it from a local dealership it came from PA and it gotten stolen before but dont have a salvage title. It was automatic and he drove it for about 4 months after he bought it then the tranny started slippin. now we got it back together and it dont runn. He put a Walbro 255, Path mani. FMIC. He delted all emissions and when he hooked everythign back up ever extra plug he deleted :shock:. So now were tryin to get to the bottom of all the problems. it thew about 6 or 7 codes i think maybe less but none of them were important besides tps which we changed and fuel circut somthin.
        87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: 87-89T transmissions use the same driveshaft slip yoke as the 90-96 Z32 trans does. They are also almost the same gearset internally. This is why it fit.

You were probably just not getting an 87-89 TURBO
          driveshaft to try... People get them mixed up easily.

thats what were thinkin now but all he wants is a yolk.

Comment

Go to the junkyard and buy a z32 driveshaft. Then have the driveshaft made.
            Shiro Special # 981 Being assembled in my spare time Chromoly acquired!
            Originally posted by BoostedMamma
            Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

Comment

Racinjitter wrote: Go to the junkyard and buy a z32 driveshaft. Then have the driveshaft made.
              Or,

http://www.powertrainindustries.com

They know the Z very, VERY well.
              Originally posted by Andrew84zx
              tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
              545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

[quote]FlawleZ wrote:
                Originally posted by Racinjitter
                Go to the junkyard and buy a z32 driveshaft. Then have the driveshaft made.
                Or,

http://www.powertrainindustries.com

They know the Z very, VERY well.
                I very nearly had them make me a shaft for my 30a-into-2+2. Since i had a full parts car it ended up being cheaper (but not by much) to take the 2 seater shaft to a drive train shop (not hard to find, truckers seam to need them often) and having them build me one. They built it all new with rebuildable Us, using only the input yolk and such from the old shaft.
                My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
                My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
                207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

Racinjitter wrote: Go to the junkyard and buy a z32 driveshaft. Then have the driveshaft made.
                  A z32 in junkyard never been one around here.

Comment

Working...
                  X