I think my clutch is screwed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think my clutch is screwed?

Question for the experts (or anyone who has a general idea ). I have an 86t that I did a manual swap in. Not the first swap I've done, so I'm pretty certain I did everything right. The car drives wonderful. Except when I try to shift.

It makes grinding sounds almost like the synchros are bad. However, I find this to be doubtful, because if I come to a stop and go into first gear, there's no grinds at all .. until about 5-7 seconds later, when it sounds like a grind. The rememdy is to either put it in neutral and let the clutch out, OR, just pop the clutch enough to roll a couple inches. The sound goes away, but comes back.

My thought is perhaps the clutch assembly is flawed. Or maybe the pressure plate bolts are backing off?

I guess my question really is... Should I be buying a new clutch, or a new tranny? The clutch is OEM and I want to upgrade to a performance clutch. .. But not if I need to rebuild the tranny/buy a new one.

Sounds more like your hydraulics are not working properly.
    http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

Could a bad clutch damper cause this? I've replaced everythign else, new Clutch Master, new clutch slave, and it's been bled several times.

Comment

Try replacing it with brake hose (280z front, z31 inner rear I believe) and bypass the damper.
        2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

Working...
        X