Hm... clutch? flywheel? SOMETHING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hm... clutch? flywheel? SOMETHING

I dont even remember where I posted my problem, but my car already died on me. I've had it for a week and it fucking died already. Anyways.

I was driving and I shifted into 3rd, just to hit RPMS. I slow down and pull over. Shift into 1st.. nothing but RPMS. Does this in all gears.

1) Doesn't move, just revs.
    2) I can shift without pressing in the clutch
    3) No clutch smell, or grinding
    4) Clutch grabbed very well before - never slipped once.
    5) I wasn't shifting hard, just a slow - "get me to where I was going" shift.

I don't even have a clue what it could be. I haven't jacked it up and looked to see if the driveshaft is broken or not. Also if it makes a difference, which I don't think would - the rear axle was broke january when it was shipped to the previous owner and was replaced then. Could having the axle come lose do something like this?

alexz31t wrote: Could having the axle come lose do something like this?
    slim possibility

key is to jack up the car and see just how much wants to rotate, like the driveshaft, and whether at least one the halfshafts wants to move

Comment

So, you feel it go into gear when the engine is off?

You can or can't depress the clutch?

Did the trans wine at all?

So possibilities:

Input shaft breakage, kinda doubtful

Driveshaft breakage, you would have felt/heard somthing

Possible Diff problem?

Half shaft is slim unless they installed one that was too short and it came out of the tulip cup. Just hanging by the boot.

Jesus, jack it up and tell us

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

I can do everything you can normally do with a 5spd. Only thing it does is rev though. I was told maybe the forks on the pressure plate? I'm going to try and get it jacked this weekend. I work swing shift on base here and it fucking blows huge ass, 2pm-11pm. I also have weekend duty and there are a ton of jets to fix this weekend - this is gonna blow for a few weeks.

Comment

alexz31t wrote: I can do everything you can normally do with a 5spd. Only thing it does is rev though. I was told maybe the forks on the pressure plate? I'm going to try and get it jacked this weekend. I work swing shift on base here and it fucking blows huge ass, 2pm-11pm. I also have weekend duty and there are a ton of jets to fix this weekend - this is gonna blow for a few weeks.
          It won't be the pressure plate. I am going to guess the diff, but that should be obvious with the car jacked in the back. Other possibility is the clutch face came apart.
          Chuck Stong
          300+ Parts and Performance owner
          http://www.300-plus.com
          2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

gotta love it when some n00b decides not to follow our advice, as if our collective wisdom is somehow lesser than his insecure thoughts

Comment

check your clutch mine did the same thing when it went just out of curiosity when was your clutch last replaced

Comment

another possibility is that some jackass who changed the clutch didn't tighten the bolts enough and they worked their way loose over time.
                Funny stories!

Comment

Working...
                X