Bad Noise when Clutch is Disengaged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Noise when Clutch is Disengaged

The other day I finished the auto to manual swap (or so I thought) on my NA 1987 2+2. Started it up and ran awesome, but when I pushed the clutch in it made an awful noise. It only makes the noise when the clutch is pushed in. It starts making noise as soon as you push the pedal and doesn't change regardless of how far it's pushed in. The noise sounds a lot like the noise in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWlK3sVXPyk&feature=related[/video]] ... re=related except it makes it when the pedal is pushed in. It also vibrates the clutch pedal and shifter.

I figured it must be a bad throwout bearing even though it was new, so I replaced it but it the noise continued. Since then I've replaced many parts including the tranny front cover, clutch fork and spring, throwout bearing sleeve, clutch disk and pressure plate, and I checked the input shaft bearing. I'm using an exedy OE clutch kit and the aluminum fidanza flywheel. The transmission is a used one from ebay. I've had plenty of different people check it out, but no one can figure it out. I don't have a stock flywheel to try, but I don't really think that's the problem. I also can't find any bad wear anywhere in the tranny area. The car drives great and everything works like a champ, but it makes that awful noise and I can't help thinking that I probably shouldn't drive it around until I figure out what it is.

So I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas? Thanks

shaft bearing in the transmission. you say you "checked the input shaft bearing"... how?

Comment

When the front cover for the tranny was being replaced I made sure the bearing right behind it was still in good condition. Also checked the run out on the input shaft which was 2/1000.

Comment

Working...
      X