Clutch engagement can it be adjusted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch engagement can it be adjusted?

I just drop a jdm engine on my Z and finally got her running yesterday. The first time I drove the Z around the clutch would slip and the clutch also engages way too high. After driving a few more miles the clutch did not slip any more, but the clutch would still engage way up top.The clutch is is practically brand new.........3k or 4k miles on it. Any suggestion or info would be helpful. Thanks

Follow the clutch peddel up. There is an adjustment rod that connects the peddle to the master. You will have to sepperate it from the peddel to adjust it.
    imagination is a virtue

Comment

you do not need to separate the rod...just back off the nut - turn the shaft - then tighten the nut back down...just like adjusting a tie-rod end...it's up towards the top of the clutch pedal.

1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo (Budget Supercar)
      1987 Nissan 200SX SE (Old School FR)
      1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R (Balls To The Wall Track Car)
      2000 Nissan Maxima SE (Daily Driver)
      2006 Scion tC (Wife Whip)

In an ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand, so my right hand could just be a fist for punching.

Comment

Yup got it adjusted.........I had to dial it all the way back and now I have at least 1/2" play. O'yeah, the clutch doesn't slip any more. So, now its time to get the intercooler and intercooler piping finished up this weekend. Thanks guys.

Comment

can you get any more play in there? Oh, and your throw out bearing is much happier at you now

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: can you get any more play in there? Oh, and your throw out bearing is much happier at you now
            I'm pretty sure I can't due to having the rod dialed all the way back. I'm happy as long as I have at least 1/2" play and it did stop the slipping clutch.

Comment

Working...
            X