T5 tranny sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T5 tranny sensors

Hey guys i pulled out my tranny this morning and the switch/sensor on the top passenger side of the tranny has two yellow wires connected to the sensor and they came undone now i dont know which goes where since they are the same color. It looks like the neutral switch. Any info on this switch/sensor?

Correct, the passenger side switch is the neutral switch.
    Driver side switch is the reverse lamp switch.

This is the Nissan part number for the neutral switch....32006-M8060.

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R...new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed...daily

Comment

Thanks nissanegg by any chance do you know if it comes with wires and connection

Comment

It doesnt matter what side is to what wire for the neutral switch.

But to prevent cussing later, solder those connections on. TRUST ME!

What some people dont know with the t5 tranny, you can hook up that neutral safety switch to a remote start unit. That way it will never start in gear.
        My Build Thread

Comment

cesar wrote: Thanks nissanegg by any chance do you know if it comes with wires and connection
          Yes. Be careful as the wires are easy to tear from the sensor even new.

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold
          1990 Skyline GT-R...new money pit
          2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed...daily

Comment

Thanks Guys,
            I am also going to be replacing the input shaft bearing any advice on that? From what I have read I need to take it to a machine shop and get it pressed in. I will also be cleaning the tranny and between the the bellhousing(top) and shifter there is a removable cover does it use a gasket in that area or do I just apply silicone because it looks to be leaking a bit.

Comment

cesar wrote: Thanks Guys,
              I am also going to be replacing the input shaft bearing any advice on that? From what I have read I need to take it to a machine shop and get it pressed in. I will also be cleaning the tranny and between the the bellhousing(top) and shifter there is a removable cover does it use a gasket in that area or do I just apply silicone because it looks to be leaking a bit.
              I used RTV...the black stuff. I was to cheap for a gasket.
              My Build Thread

Comment

Working...
              X