Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250mm clutch

Hi all,

I'm in the UK and I've just rebuilt my engine (1984 VG30et), when it came to the clutch I found a 250mm flywheel and clutch fitted with a T5 Gearbox. It seems in the us 84-87 cars came with 240mm clutch.

I have a 240mm clutch and the bolt pattern is different on pressure plate to my flywheel.

Does anyone have a diagram of the bolt pattern for the later Turbo flywheel to pressure plate so I could verify this is what I have.

:?:

Thanx.

I think the 240mm clucth is stock on N/A cars and your 250 is stock for turbo. I could be wrong on the sizes but I know there is a difference between the two.

Comment

OrionMCP wrote: I think the 240mm clucth is stock on N/A cars and your 250 is stock for turbo. I could be wrong on the sizes but I know there is a difference between the two.
      No. 240mm is on all 84-86 cars and 87+ NA's. 250mm was 87+ turbos.
      http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

Yes, what Steve said. You need to either A. send you clutch back and get the 250mm one or B. get the appropriate flywheel.
        85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
        04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

I stand corrected, thanks guys.

Comment

I have been thinking since you posted this that someone said you could interchange them by changing the location of the dowel pins. But since I can't remember who or if it was true for sure, I've kept quiet till now. Search here and z31.com, I'm certain it was in a post in the last month or two.
            http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

Steve88t wrote: I have been thinking since you posted this that someone said you could interchange them by changing the location of the dowel pins. But since I can't remember who or if it was true for sure, I've kept quiet till now. Search here and z31.com, I'm certain it was in a post in the last month or two.
              I dont think you can. Otherwise Brian would have brought that up when he said he could redrill my 240mm flyhweel to accept the 250mm clutch. Then again, maybe he just wanted to make some money. But he seems like a pretty decent and smart guy when it comes to cars, so I doubt it.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can use either the 240 or 250mm clutches with the 250 flywheel, but only the 240 on the 240mm flywheel.

Comment

bmanz wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can use either the 240 or 250mm clutches with the 250 flywheel, but only the 240 on the 240mm flywheel.
                  If you had a 250mm flywheel, why would you put a 240mm clutch set up on it? :?

Comment

Steve88t wrote: I have been thinking since you posted this that someone said you could interchange them by changing the location of the dowel pins. But since I can't remember who or if it was true for sure, I've kept quiet till now. Search here and z31.com, I'm certain it was in a post in the last month or two.
                    the bolt holes are very diffrent, both my cars have fidanza flywheels, on those you can move the dowel pins and use either pressure plate. the flywheel is drilled for both.
                    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character make him a moderator.

Comment

can you use a 240mm clutch plate with a 250mm Pressure plate mounted to the 250mm flywheel?

Comment

Quagmire wrote: can you use a 240mm clutch plate with a 250mm Pressure plate mounted to the 250mm flywheel?
                        I'm assuming you mean the 240mm clutch disk with the 250 flywheel and P.plate? Yes you COULD but it would pretty much be the same as running the 240mm clutch alltogether. Just a waste really. If I were even thinking of doing that I would just run the 240mm allround so I could have that extra VERY LITTLE BIT of weight savings from running the 240mm. Disk is smaller which wouldnt really matter for weight but the surface area of the P.plate is smaller so you might just save a gram and a half :lol:

Comment

[quote]aceman wrote:
                          Originally posted by Steve88t
                          I have been thinking since you posted this that someone said you could interchange them by changing the location of the dowel pins. But since I can't remember who or if it was true for sure, I've kept quiet till now. Search here and z31.com, I'm certain it was in a post in the last month or two.
                          the bolt holes are very diffrent, both my cars have fidanza flywheels, on those you can move the dowel pins and use either pressure plate. the flywheel is drilled for both.
                          That^ is good info to know.

Comment

Working...
                          X