Fidanza 11lb flywheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fidanza 11lb flywheels

Hi, can anyone tell me the bad points to having a lightened flywheel? Fidanza specifically.

I'm looking to get one and use the car mostly on the track but also around town, Do they affect the drivability at all?

Cheer all.

Well, a fidanza is not a "lightened" flywheel as you say. It just so happens to be light because it is aluminum. Having your flywheel machined would be to lighten it.

What kind of track driving are you talking about? If its drag racing then your launch will most likley suffer if you use sticky tires due to the lack of rotational inertia. However on a road course or autocross then you will be ablel to spool faster and rev match quicker!

Street driving you probably wont notice too much of a hinderance. It will still be pretty easy to drive the car, and actually easier on your synchros in your tranny since they will not have to work as hard to match tranny to engine between gears because the engine will slow down faster.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

I'm doing track day circuit racing mostly with the odd drag strip run. Is the Fidanza a good middle ground flywheel?

Comment

Quagmire wrote: I'm doing track day circuit racing mostly with the odd drag strip run. Is the Fidanza a good middle ground flywheel?
        I would say so. Lots of guys use them while drag racing also and dont seem to have any problems. I would do it if I were you.

Comment

I think I will. Thanks for your advice.

Comment

Your syncros just match the input/cluster shaft, which should not be getting much energy from the flywheel since the clutch is disengaged when you shift.

According to my manual trans instructor anyway, makes sense...

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: Your syncros just match the input/cluster shaft, which should not be getting much energy from the flywheel since the clutch is disengaged when you shift.

According to my manual trans instructor anyway, makes sense...
              Yeah, you are right, and that does make sence ops:

Either way. Fidanza = good stuff

Comment

Heck yes, I want one :lol:

Edit: Spencer 1, Satan 5,698,274,093,028.59 :P

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Working...
                X