what clutch for 400-450hp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what clutch for 400-450hp?

i plan to go holset and in the end want 400hp don't want to buy a clutch twice. i have a spec in my truck holds great but thats like 120hp, my s13 had some nice stage 2 and 300ish. what will i need for a z31 at 400?

http://store.acadianasportscars.com/...9-nissan-300zx
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA... that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

Comment

Clutches are rated in torque capacity, not horsepower.

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold
      1990 Skyline GT-R...new money pit
      2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed...daily

Comment

Go with DXD/South Bend Clutch kevlar kit. Clutch will last you a long time and hold down as much power you will ever throw at it or until you blow up your engine.
        Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

Comment

i loved the dxd stage 4 I have in z. its easy to drive and holds anything i put it through. although, i did find downshifting smoothly with a heavy clutch to be a little more finnicky. maybe when it starts to burn in a bit more it would be easier.

Comment

the stage 3 daily is rated at 530 ft/lbs. i wouldnt be running extremely sticky tires. it would also probably make a few passes on the strip. anyone use the dxd stage 3 daily? it will be through an na trans.

Comment

That's what I run, at least before they changed the lineup of the staging names. I love it. Not to hard on the pedal, smooth engagement. Clutch does make a hissing noise as it is slipping when starting off in 1st or reverse since it has the feramic disc.

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold
              1990 Skyline GT-R...new money pit
              2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed...daily

Comment

NissanEgg;329615 wrote: That's what I run, at least before they changed the lineup of the staging names. I love it. Not to hard on the pedal, smooth engagement. Clutch does make a hissing noise as it is slipping when starting off in 1st or reverse since it has the feramic disc.
                better than the throw out bearing whine in my d21, what is done to your motor and about how much power are you making

Comment

Working...
                X