Auto to Manual questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto to Manual questions

I have a 85t GLL auto that I plan to swap to manual and I have a few questions, not about the swap itself but interchangability of some parts. I plan to do a Vg33 swap in the next few weeks so figured I might as well make the manual swap at the same time. Problem is sourcing local parts. I can't find any z31s. Since I'm getting the vg33 out of a pathfinder I also planned to snatch the pathys bellhousing so I could run a z32 tranny... would it be possible to use the master cylinder, slave cylinder, or any other critical parts needed for the manual swap from the pathy or the z32? I plan on a jy run next week and would like to get as much as possible done at once.

I would just buy new one's for your Z31. A clutch master on Rock Auto is like $12-$15. Slave cylinder is $10. No reason to use junkyard parts when new ones are so cheap. The part you will likely have trouble with if you don't have a donor car is the hard lines that run from the master down to near the slave. Without those, hope you're good at bending hard lines.
    Prius... because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car...

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

Comment

Thanks I guess now all I need is hard lines and pedals

Comment

I found a clutch pedal assembly from a 88 2+2 will it work in an 85 2seater?

Comment

New2Zs;329397 wrote: I found a clutch pedal assembly from a 88 2+2 will it work in an 85 2seater?
          Why wouldn't it work...huh?
          Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
          if it fails, fuck it.
          at least you gave it a whirl.

Comment

I'll take that as a yes? In hindsight I assumed it would but wanted to make sure. Thanks

Comment

If I'm thinking correctly all the holes and things should already be there because the same firewall is used between auto/manual. Should be an easy job?

Comment

Augustus Maximus;329414 wrote: Why wouldn't it work...huh?
                Back-seat driver? Ba-dump-tsss!

Comment

Found an 89 n/a kinda local so if I can get it cheap enough ill use that to swap to 5spd and kouki front end swap if I can't then ill go z32 30a route and source parts thanks fellas.

Comment

Working...
                  X