VLSD Circ Clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VLSD Circ Clips

Calling all Shiro owners. Can you confirm whether or not there is a circ clip for the passenger side axle? Had my axles rebuilt through the RocK Auto repair and return service and don't remember if there was a clip for the passenger side axle. Drivers side came back with the clip, installed both but the passenger side seems to keep popping out ever so slightly which I am attributing to a lack of said circ clip. Looked at diagrams, searched online but nothing so I am just trying to get some help from fellow owners/enthusiasts. Any info will be greatly appreciated as I am trying to remedy this situation. Thanks.

Pretty sure the clip is supposed to stay in the pumpkin, only in rare cases does it come out with the axle...

Comment

I'm interested in this as well. The FSM doesn't really describe installing the cir clips. If it does I couldn't find it. My axles came out and the clips are still in the carrier. Although mine is a CLSD I would assume from what you're experiencing, both axles work in the same way.
      1985 300zx N/A - June 4 2012 Sold to Austin Irwin
      1987 2+0 N/A - March 19 2014
      1987 2+0 Turbo - May 6 2014

Comment

Yes, the only difference is shaft lengths, or spline diameter depending which pumpkin you have (s13/z31 vs r32/q45 etc)

Comment

I pulled a vlsd out of a junked ss and the clip came out with the passenger cv. I lost the clip for it after just recently moving to another state. Does that clip need to be in there to hold the cv in place? Is it possible to buy just that clip without having to buy another cv?

Comment

Originally posted by Yuma
            I pulled a vlsd out of a junked ss and the clip came out with the passenger cv. I lost the clip for it after just recently moving to another state. Does that clip need to be in there to hold the cv in place? Is it possible to buy just that clip without having to buy another cv?
            You will have to find the part number to find out.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/300zx-p...2391_2410.html

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
            1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
            1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

Comment

Originally posted by Yuma
              It should be installed, it doesn't need to be installed.

Comment

Working...
              X