Flywheel bolt length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flywheel bolt length

I know that it is a hardened bolt and I am not going to home depot. I have a place that sells hardened bolts that I have used on the flywheel before. I need to know the length of the bolt. The automatic flywheel bolts are too short and they are a different part number according to the dealer. I need to have the car running by this weekend so I can't wait 5 to 10 days for the bolts to come in. Any help on the length would be very helpfull.

Thanks,

Brian

I can try to pull a used set for you. I don't think I would use anything but OEM for those...

Comment

Caught the message on the answering machine, and the post on z31.com all at the same time... 8)
      VG30E(T) FlyWheel Bolts Are M10 x 25mm x 1.0 ( qty. of 6 )
      VG30E(T) Automatic Tranny flexplate Bolts are M10 x 20mm x 1.0
      If replacing these with "non-oem hardware"...these are the specs to chase down...(and be prepared to spend some $$$)

The minimum standards the bolts should be replaced with:
      ~Minimum Tensile Strength: 180,000psi.
      ~Minimum Shear Strength: 108,000psi.
      *In other words...grade 12.9*

The Pressure Plate to Flywheel Hardware( qty. of 6 )- M8 x 15mm x 1.5 + lockwasher(grade8 acceptable, grade 10.9 recomended)
      I am here to help...

Comment

1.25... I'm pretty sure.. because I had to tap the holes out again once I had lost my flywheel due to switching the 1/0 on the end of the part number and got flexplate bolts.. which came labeled as 'flywheel bolts'.. they'll torque up fine.. but will rip out the last two threads in the crank at ~1000 miles.
        vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
        2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

They are 1.0. I measured them last night at advanced. You wouldn't know the specs on the pressure plate to flywheel bolts. I can't find the box that had the flywheel/clutch bolts. I think my roomate threw the box out.

Comment

They are 1.0. I measured them last night at advanced. You wouldn't know the specs on the pressure plate to flywheel bolts. I can't find the box that had the flywheel/clutch bolts. I think my roomate threw the box out.

Comment

Working...
            X