This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual transmission weights?

I've searched but can't find any info on the weights of the three z31 5-speeds. If anyone has weights for the FS5R90a FS5R30a and FSW71c, I'd greatly appreciate it.

EDIT. TRANSMISSION WEIGHTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

84-89NA Manual FSW71c is 106lbs (Thanks 85NA2T)

84-86T Manual FS5R90a (T5) is 104lbs (Thanks matico40)

87-89T Manual FS5R30a is 119lbs (Thanks 1sickz)
    Started with Datsuns and L engines, Mikuni carbs. Now a 1968 Datsun 510: 2200lbs, RWD, IRS, 50:50wt. f/r

spy a VG30et.. a VG30ET 510?

Tube frame "done".
    12/10: Interior sheetmetal, firewall done. Fuel + brake plumbing "done". Pulled it all out again to finish the "chassis". Briefly, it drove, then back to the shop.
    1/11: rotisserie built: car BELLY UP
    Will now attempt an aero underbody - best keep it simple!! I have no windtunnel

104 lbs on a T-5 without any fluid, "polished" clean (so no extra weight from all the dirt), and the bellhousing included.

Comment

OK, so Matico has stepped up with one of the weights. Gotta love reliable information like that (I'm willing to bet that 104 lbs, clean is an accurate weight, since you didn't just say "105 lbs"!) Thank you Matico.
      Started with Datsuns and L engines, Mikuni carbs. Now a 1968 Datsun 510: 2200lbs, RWD, IRS, 50:50wt. f/r

Tube frame "done".
      12/10: Interior sheetmetal, firewall done. Fuel + brake plumbing "done". Pulled it all out again to finish the "chassis". Briefly, it drove, then back to the shop.

Comment

i've carried the 90a and the 71c within 5 minutes of each other i'd say the 71c is a few pounds heavier. maybe 4-6lbs more.

Comment

Couple days and I can weigh a 71c.

1985 Nissan 300ZX 2+2- My first Z, back in the family
          1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo RIP 4/87 - 4/28/2011
          Under Construction: 1986 Nissan 300ZX NA2T Slicktop
          Originally posted by Tempestas
          Well, one of the t-tops wasn't latched real well... God only knows where that t-top flew off to at 150+ mph. Didn't scratch the car or anything, just a boom and it was gone. I sure as hell didn't stop to see where it went. I didn't see any stories on the news... so that's a plus.

Comment

TearingRaven wrote: Couple days and I can weigh a 71c.
            cool, I'm particularly curious about the 71c.

Tube frame "done".

Comment

71c is at 106 or so.
              "If your car cant do a burnout from a 60mph rolling start, then your engine needs more work."

"Nitrous doesn't blow up motors; Idiots with nitrous blow up motors."

Shooting for 500whp

Comment

blueridgespeed wrote: OK, so Matico has stepped up with one of the weights. Gotta love reliable information like that (I'm willing to bet that 104 lbs, clean is an accurate weight, since you didn't just say "105 lbs"!) Thank you Matico.
                yeah. I have the picture somewhere...digital scale too :-)

Comment

Thank you, guys!
                  Matico's got a t-5 weight of 104 lbs,
                  Tearingraven's got a 71c weight of 106 lbs.

Tube frame "done".

Comment

[quote]matico40 wrote:
                    Originally posted by blueridgespeed
                    OK, so Matico has stepped up with one of the weights. Gotta love reliable information like that (I'm willing to bet that 104 lbs, clean is an accurate weight, since you didn't just say "105 lbs"!) Thank you Matico.
                    yeah. I have the picture somewhere...digital scale too :-)
                    The 30A is ~150 lbs. I should have mine off entirely with a couple weeks. If it hasn't been confirmed I'll weigh mine then.
                    Originally posted by Andrew84zx
                    tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
                    545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

I just picked up a 30A trans. I'll weigh it when I get home tonight. She's a big gurl, hope she doesn't break the scale.

Comment

cool- the 30a was the last one we were waiting on weights of. I'm curious to see how the "big gurl" does on the scale

Tube frame "done".

Comment

i think the 30a is 118
                          Praying....

Comment

the 30A should weigh more than 118 lbs. I have one in my garage and i would say it's close to 140-150 lbs.
                            Originally posted by michaelp
                            When are you coming back to the good coast?

Comment

I edited the first post so it's in there. We still need a confirmed weight on the 30a manual and the auto transmission.

I would guess the 30A is about 120-130lbs, based on bench-pressing it into and out of place numerous times... But I'd like to hear what the scale comes up with.

Comment

Working...
                              X