Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driveshaft broke today, few questions. Upgrade or stocker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or maybe he just needs a better clutch.....

Comment

G-E wrote: or maybe he just needs a better clutch.....
      or both... and some new axle stubs... hmmmm. sounds like a 9 second combo! Actualy the clutch I have now is supposed to be good for like 600ft/lbs or somthing around there.

Roastin, I would go in and get another drive shaft made with you but, A. I dont have the money right now and B. when I do mine I'm gonna run a 3.25 or 3.5" cr-mo drive shaft.
      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

I'm going to run 5" when I start racing, and I'm going to buy unimog axles

Comment

Good call with the unimog's, I hear they're strong as balls in 4wheeling. Plus the portal gears will net you some killer torque multiplication.
          It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

[quote]SATAN wrote:
            Originally posted by G-E
            when I do mine I'm gonna run a 3.25 or 3.5" cr-mo drive shaft.
            I've seen at least a few 9-10 second cars with 3" chromoly driveshafts.

My question to the driveline shop owner upon picking mine up:
            "What happens if I break this one?"
            Their Answer:
            "You won't. I can promise you that you're going to break everything else first"

20 years of experience building high performance driveline parts... I would tend to believe him.

Comment

Jason, thats is the guarantee i need from them is what he said to you. He told me on the phone that i dont have enough tire to break this new shaft. Not sure what hes getting at. So what happens if i get big ass rims and fit a 375 wide tire and the shaft breaks? lol. I need him to say it wont break GUARANTEED

Comment

roastin300 wrote: Jason, thats is the guarantee i need from them is what he said to you. He told me on the phone that i dont have enough tire to break this new shaft. Not sure what hes getting at. So what happens if i get big ass rims and fit a 375 wide tire and the shaft breaks? lol. I need him to say it wont break GUARANTEED
                It's probably going to be the same exact parts as mine and will only vary depending on the type of tube he builds it with. I forget if they are spicer 1309 or 1310 series joints, but he was telling me about how all the mopar guys he builds shafts for almost 'never' break these even with 10" slicks...

Comment

OK, so my shaft is being made, it will use the 1310 style joints, greasable, and a 3" chromoly shaft. He said many 9 second cars use the 3" chromoly shaft and never break them. He guarantees it will do what i want. I told him about Jason paying $280 for one, and he said it should be about that much, maybe cheaper...... hope to get it later this week, i NEED to drive my car, its been too long!

Comment

Working...
                  X