problem with tranny/clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with tranny/clutch

hey guys im still having problems with my transmission , replaced the clutch and put a jwt flywheel ,new throw out bearing(release bearing) . here is the problem i dont know if its me but when i was trying to park up my drive way it felt like the clutch or release bearing failed . while i was balancing the clutch and gas it made that nasty noise again , which sounded like a whole bunch of sand paper being scraped and my shifter rattling like crazy . i then bled it today i actually did the clutch damper mod from az-zbums page . when i finished i then backed up and it did it again , so i drove it around my block a few times and it was ok . Maybe its just me put if u dont have enough pressure on the clutch will it get stuck? maybe im not balancing the clutch rite? hoping its not my tranny

Not sure what you mean. This is the modern internet. I say post a vid of your problem. I bet we can figure it out much more quickly and accurately that way.
    Chuck Stong
    300+ Parts and Performance owner
    http://www.300-plus.com
    2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

sorry firehawk i dont have a video camcorder or anything to record the problem but i may have solved the problem i think i just need to adjust the height basiclly linkage of the clutch.

Comment

sounds like you release early and fast

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

After reading a few times... did you replace the pilot bushing when you did the clutch job?

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: After reading a few times... did you replace the pilot bushing when you did the clutch job?
            **That makes good sense.
            Sloppy input shaft from worn Pilot bushing= under light load only noise.
            Betcha it does it at speed in other gears as well, but the road noise the car generates covers it up.
            I am here to help...

Comment

i didnt change the pilot bushing funny because when me and my brother brought the transmission down we didnt find a pilot bushing . my brothers friend who was also a mechanic , tried to put in the pilot bushing that came with the kit but it seemed like it didnt fit (too big) ? well i adjusted the height of the clutch today and it ran pretty well . hope i fixed the probelm ,let u know in a few days if i fixed it . thanks for the help all

Comment

Working...
              X