Has Anyone tried this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anyone tried this?

Has anyone tryed to run a 3plate clutch from the IMSA GTP Race car on their Z31. Ill have one on the way soon, he told me I have to redrill the flywheel to make it fit.

Also should I use a stock flywheel or a aftermarket lightweight flywheel?

Re: Has Anyone tryed this?

zemus wrote: Has anyone tryed to run a 3plate clutch from the IMSA GTP Race car on their Z31. Ill have one on the way soon, he told me I have to redrill the flywheel to make it fit.

Also should I use a stock flywheel or a aftermarket lightweight flywheel?
    What do you mean a three plate clutch? obviously not 3 pressure plates. do you mean three disks or do you mean a 3 puck disk or what. Sorry I dont feel like searching to see what the imsa gtp race car came with.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

It's a 3 disc clutch... with a single diaphragm,

but I don't know if the input shaft spline is the same,

or if you will even be able to have someone drill new cover bolts on your flywheel for it to fit. I believe the IMSA cars had a intrgral clutch/flywheel just like most multi-disc clutches are.

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: It's a 3 disc clutch... with a single diaphragm,

but I don't know if the input shaft spline is the same,

or if you will even be able to have someone drill new cover bolts on your flywheel for it to fit. I believe the IMSA cars had a intrgral clutch/flywheel just like most multi-disc clutches are.
        probably.... I await the pics...

Comment

The Quote I got from the guy with full GTP 1100HP VG30ETT Motors..

"You should be able to machine/redrill your flyhweel for the 8x or 10x(don't remember) mounting bolts of the AP clutch without problems. I have done this already. iF YOU ARE NOT REVING redrilling will be ok"

He sells all the stuff for the motors, real good guy prices are decent also for what they are.

Im just wondering if it has been done before

Comment

Never heard of it being done.

RPS will build you a carbon-carbon clutch to hold 1000lb/ft for about $2600. They are built as a single part with the flywheel assembly and even on the street they work very well for holding huge power.

How much is this thing? Do you have pictures?

Comment

670 shipped, no flywheel AP Racing, the price is why I consitered it. I have a VG30ER wont be pushing much power at all, just going to be abusing it more or less

Comment

for $550 you can have a clutch like mine which engages like stock, has a soft pedal and holds 700lb/ft...

It's made by south bend clutch, full faced feramic disc and SS pressure plate. I love it.

You can order them through thespecshop.com

Comment

go southbend.

If you decide to waste your money and go the other way.. pay a machine shop to make it all work together.
                  remember: the older the guy, the better.
                  vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
                  2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

Working...
                  X