OBX SHIFTER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBX SHIFTER

I have a 87T 5 speed, I want too install a 95 240 OBX short shifter, Has any one removed the top plate in the car? the 2 phillips headed screws way up front look hard????? thanks Ed

I dropped the transmission down a couple inches when I put in the B&M shifter. Its easy as pie once you do that. Just support the transmission with a jack, remove the 4 bolts on the transmission mount attaching it to the frame and lower the jack a bit.

Not lowering the transmission would make it nearly impossible to get those front 2 bolts out/in.
    Just stand back and throw money.
    Performance costs money.
    Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

I did all my bolts just getting under the car and using an open-ended wrench, wasn't bad at all.

But I think Eds is talking about the plate that covers the lower shift boot. That sucker might be rusted up a bit. I used wd40 and lot of force with the proper size screwdriver. If that doesn't work you should break down and buy an impact driver. or borrow one.
      Lance 'never-ending 88na2t project' Landry
      I sell Z stuff when I'm not being lazy.
      Trace cell phones via GPS: http://www.phonetrace.org

Comment

Phillip head screws

I will look again, The 4 bolts look easy, unless I drop the transmission a long ways the front phillip screws are going to be a bitch.

Comment

Re: Phillip head screws

edsz31 wrote: I will look again, The 4 bolts look easy, unless I drop the transmission a long ways the front phillip screws are going to be a bitch.
          scratches head....Please do me a favor and further describe exactly which bolts and screws you are talking about please.
          Just stand back and throw money.
          Performance costs money.
          Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

yeah, do you still have the rubber lower boot on there? with the phillips screws and the plate? or are you at the shift plate which has hex bolts?
            Lance 'never-ending 88na2t project' Landry
            I sell Z stuff when I'm not being lazy.
            Trace cell phones via GPS: http://www.phonetrace.org

Comment

top transmission shifter plate

It looks like I need swap the top shifter plate, 4 bolts around the shifter, and 2 phillip screws about 6 inchs forward of the back 2 bolts. I would send a pic, but all my pic are to big,, And im old, LOL. cant make the image work.

Comment

there is no reason to drop a trans in this install. I've put an OBX on the T5 and the 87-89 turbo trans with no probs and no hassle (30 min install).

Look around on http://www.redz31.com. I'm pretty sure Jason has a write-up on the install.
                2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

Working...
                X