No announcement yet.

M-B 450 injectors + 89NA ecu question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JustinCase wrote: He also said that "no one does that anymore, and if they do they're trying to just get money off you". I kinda laughed. These injectors are from the 70's. They're probably not the cleanest of the crop.
    Yet another person having absolutely no idea what they are talking about. Maybe if I owned the injectors for their entire life and only ran BP premium gasoline, then I could trust their spray pattern and flow rate to be checking out good even when they are heavily used.

Comment

Yeah. I'm not sure my mom completely understood my email to her. I think the guy was talking about new injectors but it doesn't matter. They don't have a servicing machine.

Trying to save time and money is hard.

Comment

I really don't think you'll find a much better deal than I have to offer on the injector cleaning and flow testing; the price is pretty competitive.

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: I really don't think you'll find a much better deal than I have to offer on the injector cleaning and flow testing; the price is pretty competitive.
          Yes, it is quite low. I was looking for one of those "favors" from someone locally, you know? The seller is replacing my injectors with a full set of 380's, and i'm sending him back the ones he originally sent me. Once i recieve those i'll decide what to do next.
          Attached Files

Comment

Seller here

I thought I'd pop in on this post

Yeah, the injectors that I sent you are in pretty good shape, but who knows how long that Benz was sitting in the graveyard before I pulled them.

Shouldn't there be a simple way to flow test them at home? Tmbg and I were talking a while back about rigging up a way to test one by hooking it up to a spare fuel pump, and suspending it above a measuring tube, then sending the signal to the injector for a minute. We just didn't know how fast we had to pulse the signal or if that was even plausible or not. He'd know better than I would about it, but it seemed like it could work, or is a flow test more complex than that :?:

Comment

It would probably be more worthwhile to just get a proper machine to do it, which is what i plan on doing.

Thanks for not being an ass about all of this, and fixing it all up.

Thanks, i appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
              X