Leaky Injectors!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaky Injectors!

ok well this is the 3rd time that the #2 Injector decided to leak or melt a little bit! im having a hard time understanding what the problem is!
    do i have bad injectors?
    do i have a wiring problem?
    the cars runs awsome but after about 1 1/2 weeks of driving the #2 injector
    started to leak again!
    also, there was gas inside the injector connector,this is very odd to me!
    the car had the injector recall,all new o rings were installed, i only changed a few of the hoses, but the rest appeared to be in good condition, no cracks or tears!

some input would be greatly appreciated as im tired of pulling the plenum every week to swap that #2 injector!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

I would wager a bet on coincidence. Unless you are somehow damaging the injector during installation, it had to have had an external leak or one developed in that short amount of time?

I agree that it seems strange that it's the same injector.

Comment

onefast87 wrote: ok well this is the 3rd time that the #2 Injector decided to leak or melt a little bit! im having a hard time understanding what the problem is!
      do i have bad injectors?
      do i have a wiring problem?
      the cars runs awsome but after about 1 1/2 weeks of driving the #2 injector
      started to leak again!
      also, there was gas inside the injector connector,this is very odd to me!
      the car had the injector recall,all new o rings were installed, i only changed a few of the hoses, but the rest appeared to be in good condition, no cracks or tears!

some input would be greatly appreciated as im tired of pulling the plenum every week to swap that #2 injector!
      *The barb-n- top hat secure method scares me....If the hose isn't just the right length, there's a possibilty that it won't work as designed. It's a pretty simple design, just bothers me.
      ~It wouldn't hurt to put fuel injection hose clamps on those, if that is something that you think might be an issue.
      my 2 cents.
      Dan :roll:
      I am here to help...

Comment

Jesus Dan, what would you know :roll: :wink:

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Dan-TSS wrote:
          *The barb-n- top hat secure method scares me....If the hose isn't just the right length, there's a possibilty that it won't work as designed. It's a pretty simple design, just bothers me.
          ~It wouldn't hurt to put fuel injection hose clamps on those, if that is something that you think might be an issue.
          my 2 cents.
          Dan :roll:
          I agree with Dan on this one. I actually had the same problem about 2 weeks ago. I installed different injectors, and decided to put new hose on every injector and i "secured" it with the top hats. 4 days later 3 injectors were leaking badly. Since then i have re-rebuilt them all again, except this time i used high pressure fuel injection hose clamps. The were like 59cents apiece at NAPA. Since i reinstalled everything, i still am leak free.

-Mike
          "produce first.talk second."

Comment

you can also get high pressure hose they call snap-lok or something where it doesn't need a clamp to seal to a barbed fitting, but in general I agree just use the same clamps used elsewhere on the fuel line like at the fpr

go to a wrecker one day and grab a bunch, extras are good to have

Comment

thanks guys! this isnt the first fuel rail ive done, but this is deffinetly a first where the injectors are leaking!

im gonna go buy a bunch of those clamps today!

Comment

I used these types of clamps for my Mercedes injectors.

I really don't expect to be removing these injectors once they are installed, so I'm not too concerned about the idea of those clamps not being easily removed as the screw'n types.

Since i didn't have a "special tool" around to squeze the clamps, i just bought a cheap-o pair of end wire cutters, those that have the cutting edge perpendicular to the handles, and ground down flat the teeth. Worked perfectly.
                [strike:ff0tp92h]1984 300ZXT[/strike:ff0tp92h]
                [strike:ff0tp92h]1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T[/strike:ff0tp92h]
                2000 Porsche Boxster
                2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

i took the fuel rail out today and found out another injector had gas inside the connector! im very confused as to what i should be doing!
                  can anyone reccomend a place to buy stock injectors at a fair price!
                  what are they worth each? does it matter wich company made them?

im currently looking at this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-3 ... enameZWDVW

also what is the size hose recomended for fitting injectors!

Comment

Yes, those are the right injectors(according to the way they are listed in the auction) for your scenario.
                    Your car is an 87n/a to turbo converted(using an 84t ecu and the matching components).

That price isn't crazy, it's actually a fair price for reman. injectors.
                    *The hose size to be used is 5/16" ID. Be sure to use "fuel injection" hose and "Fuel injection hose clamps". The fuel injection hose with the Blue inner liner(good year name brand) is the better of the different kinds avail.

Dan
                    I am here to help...

Comment

Working...
                    X