WIDEBAND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIDEBAND

Well i have a 87 n/a 300zx , Im looking for a wide band oxy sensor What will work for a 87 n/a ecu ? and a wide band gauge ?

any suggestions.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc1.php

Will that work with the 300zx ecu ?

Comment

You could get the same thing I just sold to 2+2turbo. the AEM uego. it has a selector on the gauge(gauge is also the controller) to send a normal nernst cell signal to the stock ecu. meaning it will read 0-5 volt info on the gauge but the stock ecu will still read like its got a stock o2 sensor.
      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

S742DUS7 wrote: http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc1.php

Will that work with the 300zx ecu ?
        It says you can calibrate that to work with those sofware options. But it didnt say you can make it read like a normal 0-1 volt o2 sensor which by the way is opposite of the wide band sensors. meaning 0 volts =lean on one and 0 volts = rich on the other.

Comment

so with the AEM uego Gauge and the sensor , all i have to do put it where the stock o2 sensor is and hook up the wires ?

Comment

S742DUS7 wrote: so with the AEM uego Gauge and the sensor , all i have to do put it where the stock o2 sensor is and hook up the wires ?
            Pretty much. comes with very detailed instructions when you buy it new.

Comment

:shock:
              *Before you get too excited...remember that there is a difference in the Titania and Zirconia sensors.
              ~For this "EXACT" application in question('87n/a)...everything will be just fine with the w/b outputting the 0-1volt signal to the ecu.

~The z31's that use the Titania sensors though, are different than the typical 0-1volt sensors...they work on a resistance rather than voltage, and this means that the w/b 0-1v output will not work with the ecu.
              **How does this relate?
              ~If anyone reads this and mis-interprets the info already provided, I want to be sure that it is understood that the ecus using the Titania sensors will not work with what has already been suggested. Two sensors will be needed to be used. One for the W/B and the Titania sensor to feed the proper information(output) to the ecu.
              I am here to help...

Comment

alright , the engine is a 1987 late W block .

So will the ecu be able to use the wide band as the only/main wideband sensor ?

Comment

The block style for your application doesn't even matter.
                  *I think you missed my point.

All '84-'89 Nissan 300zx cars use one of two types of o2 sensors.
                  *Which ones use what type of sensor?(look at this link)
                  http://www.redz31.com/pages/fuel.html

The cars that are using the Zirconia o2 sensor will be able to accept the converted w/b output to run the ecu(meaning that the w/b sensor will be able to give you 2 functions from 1 sensor....wideband afr's and the narrow band output for the ecu)

The cars that are using the Titania o2 sensor, will need to retian the original(oem) o2 sensor for the ecu.(meaning that the w/b will only work for giving you the wideband afr's...because the Titania o2 sensors these cars use do not reference 0-1 volts, they reference the resistance within the Titania o2 sensor for output to the ecu)
                  Attached Files
                  I am here to help...

Comment

If you have a wideband; Will a stock ecu stay in closed loop longer than stock as the throtttle position/gear/load/etc changes?

My thought is that the WB does stay in 'output' mode longer than a stock O2 sensor (of either type) might. This would result in a much different AF/timing response?

So is it desirable to have a closed loop car for all conditions? It might be if you can re-program the ecu for most closed loop conditions I suppose.
                    Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

Dan-TSS wrote: The block style for your application doesn't even matter.
                      *I think you missed my point.

All '84-'89 Nissan 300zx cars use one of two types of o2 sensors.
                      *Which ones use what type of sensor?(look at this link)
                      http://www.redz31.com/pages/fuel.html

The cars that are using the Zirconia o2 sensor will be able to accept the converted w/b output to run the ecu(meaning that the w/b sensor will be able to give you 2 functions from 1 sensor....wideband afr's and the narrow band output for the ecu)

The cars that are using the Titania o2 sensor, will need to retian the original(oem) o2 sensor for the ecu.(meaning that the w/b will only work for giving you the wideband afr's...because the Titania o2 sensors these cars use do not reference 0-1 volts, they reference the resistance within the Titania o2 sensor for output to the ecu)
                      thanks for the info , Im learning some thing new every day , So that means i will be able to use any WIDEBAND o2 sensor ?

Comment

yes, for your specific '87n/a ecu application, yes.

Any unit that offers simultaneous n/b output when displaying and datalogging w/b output will work fine.
                        8)
                        Dan
                        I am here to help...

Comment

Working...
                        X