• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LM-1 display afr vs datalog afr

`
    Attached Files

Comment

i tried recalbrating it yesterday with no luck. i keep getting different error messages and now it keeps telling me it's to rich.

boost. does a body good!

Comment

Sensor error messages?
        I know that when I bought mine, there was need to reload an updated release that cured some flaky error messages for the sensor.
        *This was back when there was in depth arguement that the LM-1 cooks or goes through sensors. It is thoroughly explained in many different ways as to why and what was exactly happening with either the software reeleases or sensors in each particular situation. (It's all in innovates web forum) There's very good chance it could be one of two things...software release simply needs to updated or reloaded, or the sensor itself is wasted.
        The explanations as to why?...search the innovate forum...these topics are always explained with terminolgy and reasoning that I can understand but have trouble repeating it the same manner as put there.
        Go into the Light!....
        8)
        I am here to help...

Comment

interesting, does the datalogger show volts? where does it get the signal out of the display "headunit" or directly tee'd off the sensor?

Comment

Bernard, I asked the exact same question on the innovate forum when I first started using mine...
            *The answer is simple....What is diplayed is a slower sampling rate.
            What is logged is proper/most accurate.
            This is why tuning by read-out is ....ok, but not the best.
            *I kinda hinted around this with recent PM's with Jason..I assumed he knew this.
            8)
            I am here to help...

Comment

Dan-TSS wrote: *The answer is simple....What is diplayed is a slower sampling rate.
              that was my guess but I don't know where the wires all go

Comment

[quote]G-E wrote:
                Originally posted by Dan-TSS:c71c8
                *The answer is simple....What is diplayed is a slower sampling rate.
                that was my guess but I don't know where the wires all go[/quote:c71c8]

It isn't within the wires or wiring...it's within the software/design of the datalogger/display unit.
                I am here to help...

Comment

You can see the thread here. I think I have tried about everything short of making a heat sink.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/foru ... +AFR+issue

It works for simple closed loop operation, but the moment it starts to get rich when you roll into it, it decides to flake out.

Comment

hehe that was sarcasm, I just meant the datalogger should be straightforward, but I didn't know how exactly the display unit works....

Comment

I actually noted no difference on mine. If it says 13.5 then it apparently logs 13.5... with the only issue being the digits on the screen are hard to read when they fluctuate rapidly from changing AFR.

Comment

Using another LM-1 this past weekend I noted that the AFR's we saw on the screen very very close or exactly the same as what was reflected in the logs.

So that's now up to 3 for 3 on my end, not having this issue.

Comment

perhaps it's the current drop caused by the data logger

Comment

Another LM -1/LM-2 rpm related question

The LM-1 does NOT come ready for RPM recording correct? You have to buy the rpm input cable and the inductive clamp(whatever that is?) Does the LM-2 kit come ready to log rpm? Is the LM-2 basicaly an LM-1 with rpm logging capabilities?
                            85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                            04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Correct the LM-1 will not by itself record RPM's.
                              The LM-2 I think and the LM-3 for sure will record RPM's to a laptop using the Logworks software. However you will only get A/F with the LM-1 and it will record the RPM's from the LM-2 or LM-3
                              ...and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

Comment

ok yeah pretty much. Sorry, I posted this and thought," why am I asking when I can just find the info myself?"

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm1.php
                                85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                                04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Working...
                                X