Yet ANOTHER LM-1 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LM-1 owers...

SupSay Z wrote: just curious, what do you guys log with your -lm-1 setup?
    When I get mine, I am going to log rpm, map, ego, tps,and I guess air temp.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Yet ANOTHER LM-1 question. DAN???

It says you can calibrate the analog outputs, but to what exactly? can I calibrate one to run a regular cheepo afr guage and one to go to the Electromotive? I'm assuming a normal (lets say autometer afr gauge) just gets its signal off of the o2 sensors 0-1 volt so would I have to tell the lm-1 to say 0volts=whatever and 1volt =whatever? then anything inbetween would just be like a linear graph? I would look it up in my own instructions but I do not have them yet.
      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

I believe all the instructions and the software are available on their website. Also, the innovate forum has tons of information on stuff like that.

Comment

Dan-TSS wrote: Chris, What your describing is for the rpm converter...correct?

I gave up with the LMA-3. I mostly gave up becuase of not wanting to waste anymore valuable time into it.

With the LMA-3, I tried using the inductive clamp(this lead to drops in the rpm when logging)
          I then installed the MSD6al and tried to feed the tach output directly to the LMA-3(this lead to absolutely nothing showing up)
          *I then read a little on the innovate forums about how a potentiometer needed to be used(between 10k-50k ohms)....I still had no luck.
          **I believe there is a way...it mostly has to do with the programming and takingthe time to figure it out.

~Currently with using Nistune, I am able to have fairly decent results with clicking Record on Nistune and on the LM-1 exactly at the same time so there is atleast to things that'll match up betwen the two datalogs(Time scale and AFM voltage).
          With the LM-1, I am datalogging the LMA-3 MAP sensor, AFM voltage, and AFR..
          Dan
          yea, i have the LM1 with rpm converter.. i tapped into the coil wire and used that for the signal, i never had the inductive clamp. i think its pin #3 on the computer. i guess the clamp is a necessity for you as im sure you use it on many different cars.... my rpm is very jumpy, but with enough smoothing its not bad. once i got the calibration finished it would idle within 50rpm of what the stock tach showed which is good enough for me.. a lot of people have no problems getting a good rpm signal, but ive always had a hard time. i had a PLX R-500 (piece of fucking trash) and the rpm signal on that was totally unusable, it was all over the place.. ive taken my signal for several places along that wire and its always been a pain.. good luck

Comment

LM-1 and wide band options of interest from Innovate

I am restructuring my wide-band thought process after working on the install this last weekend. I have the LM-1 + RPM and XD-16 multi function gauge. After some careful consideration I have come to the conclusion that I bought the wrong products from Innovate. My fault not theirs.

Here is my reasoning: Especially if you are using Nistune and will be street tuning with a laptop then the LM1-1 handheld unit is probably not the best option since Innovate has some other very interesting items/packages that will be much easier to wire and ultimately use.

I wont get into the technical details here but it came down to wanting continuous readout on the A/F gauge (XD-16) and figuring out how to stash the LM-1 somewhere that I could reasonably access it to connect it to the laptop for tuning and effectively run all the cabling that it would take to do that. It didn't take long to realize that it would be a freaking mess.

There are many kits/options available but I would probably suggest this one below to anyone that has a laptop and wants to really utilize the software that comes with their products. If I was to start over:

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/xcar ... 262&page=1

Bluetooth options (very exciting to me):
            same as above kit but adds the bluetooth and usb adapter....this is what I will end up using although I already have the gauge.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/xcar ... 265&page=1

Check out the kit options. If you take some time to review the components you will get a pretty good feel for what you will need/want. Most guys will probably want the above kit but there are many options and the nice thing is that they make their components modular for the most part. The limiting exception to this is really the LM-1. I wont get into the details but overall it is the least desirable option if you plan to log and tune via a laptop.
            http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/xcar ... hp?cat=265

I wish I had done more homework before I bought my LM-1 kit because I now realize I didn't buy what I really wanted. Granted it was almost a year ago and I'm not sure they offered these wireless/bluetooth options.

Disclaimer: I don't have this yet but it makes sense to me and don't want others to spend money now and realize they bought the wrong items for their needs.

Hope this helps. Look for an LM-1 in the classified section soon at a very reasonable price. 8)
            Just stand back and throw money.
            Performance costs money.
            Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

Re: LM-1 and wide band options of interest from Innovate

If you want to have a simple, wired and sklightly immobile installation then the LC-1 is the right choice. Now the only decision is what gage to use, and frankly large AFR gages are completely unnecessary IMO, but they do look nice. A VERY inexpensive solution with built in recording and small size is the Moates.net o-meter. It connects directly to the LC1 output and shows AFR in realtime. This is his old package which comes with a LC1 and O-meter; it's much cheaper and better than the similar ebay offerings you may have seen:

http://www.moates.net/product_info.php? ... cts_id=142

Comment

Working...
              X