Yet ANOTHER LM-1 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet ANOTHER LM-1 question

I am continuing my preps for this winter's mods and would like some feedback.

Before I go any farther I have to say thanks to Russ and Matt (darkhalf) for their help to this point. It is much appreciated guys.

I am getting NIStune and will use the NVSRAM instead of Romulator and I need to make a decision on LM-1. There are basically 3 options, Basic, RPM and AuxBox.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm1.php

My inclination is to just get the most capable/functional setup (AuxBox)from the start but need some feedback if its worth it or if I should just get the RPM kit.

I am thinking of adding a pillar 3 gauge unit with: A/F, Fuel Pressure and ??? back up engine temp??? (suggestions welcome)

Keep in mind I am sticking with NA so the whole turbo considerations are not in play. I know that goes against the grain but indulge me if you would. :wink:
    Just stand back and throw money.
    Performance costs money.
    Reliable performance costs more.

If money isnt a major concern go with the auxbox. I believe its less troublesome and more accurate than the rpm converter. It cant hurt to have the extra information available and you'll kick yourself later on if you didnt get it.

I would say engine temp is important. AFR and fuel should be logged but I dont particularly care about having gauges for them. The logs should show you all you need to know.

Comment

3rd gauge how about egt?? i know you wouldalready have the wideband with ther afr's but that doesnt make and egt gauge useless ,does it??? i dont know why i dont see many people with egt gauges , in airplanes they only use egt's to control mixture and determine adjustemnts and ofcourse see how the motor is operating under load . just a thought...

Comment

autometer a/f gauge and the lm-1

has anyone here used the autometer a/f guage as a readout for the lm-1 ? i was just wondering because i have an old autometer gauge laying around and would like find a use for it. if you have , what wires did you use from the lm-1 ? i know that it can use a narrow band gauge to show wide band operation but i'm not sure on the setup ,it's kind vague in the lm -1 manuel .

boost. does a body good!

Comment

I have/am..

I'd have to look at the car to tell you for sure, but I'm pretty positive that the red wire is output #1.

Make sure that you ground the gauge properly (I didn't as I am using the other output to feed the computer, and the ground was more important there... just tie it in with engine grounds. I should probably run my gauge there as well..)

If you don't ground it properly, you'll get two LED's lighting up. You'll learn which one is real by watching the LM1 and the gauge for a few minutes.

here's the doc that I used.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/reso ... ration.php
          vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
          2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

http://innovatemotorsports.com/resource ... ration.php

I used that method, works great.

Comment

Unless you can save money by buying it all up-front (which I doubt as Innovate keeps very good control on their dealers/pricing), I'd tell you to just buy the base unit, and you can add the auxbox to it later, if you decide that NisTune isn't doing the job of logging everything that you need.

I haven't had a chance to play too much with mine, the 60-1 ate it's seals in under 20 miles and 5psi.

But, I do kinda regret buying the RPM Convertor. I only wanted it for RPM logging, but now I know that there's a few different ways to get it without paying the 120$ for the setup.

I also built a few +5v regulated power supplies to drive external sensors, but then I got my hands on a NisTune, so that all fell by the wayside.
              vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
              2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

cool guy's . thanks.

boost. does a body good!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry for my delayed response, business took me out of town for a couple days.
                  Just stand back and throw money.
                  Performance costs money.
                  Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

LM-1; EGT & MAP logging...

whats going on guys ? work has kept me really busy the last....year or so, so not much time to work on my car. anyways, for my 3bar GM Map sensor, i know it outputs a .1-5v signal which is what i need for the lm-1. is this a linear signal though? is .1v ~-18 psi, 2.5v 0psi and 5v 28psi? and also i have an autometer egt sensor and gauge, i have not done any reaserch on this one at all, but what is the voltage output from the sensor? can it even be logged with the lm-1? thanx guys.

alex
                    Must Go Faster, Faster Untill The Thrill Of Speed Overcomes The Fear Of Death.

Comment

The voltage output can be logged with the LM-1... you can find a voltage curve for it online maybe... but you can define the PSI/voltage in logworks for the LM-1 anyway

Comment

found it...

according to the graph i found, it is very linear. from ~-15 psi to ~29psi is 0.0v to 5.0v. now that i figured that out, what do YOU guys log on YOUR LM-1?
                        Attached Files
                        Must Go Faster, Faster Untill The Thrill Of Speed Overcomes The Fear Of Death.

Comment

planning on just O2 and RPM, then cross referencing or using what matt has set-up with Nistune for the LM-1.
                          *I'm where you are at.
                          :lol:
                          I am here to help...

Comment

jason, question about your lm-1

you had said in a different post that you've been having trouble with your lm-1. what is yours doing ? i was just wondering because mine just wigged out on the ride home from the dyno last friday.

boost. does a body good!

Comment

Have you re-calibrated lately?
                              Go through the steps of recalibrating it.
                              *If you were out of tune and running fairly rich, it will "wigout"!
                              I had the same problem when I first bought and used mine. I was tuning a silly DSM and it took me a while to fine tune the ecu for the huge injectors we were using(750cc). I ended up fouling two sets of plugs before I could get decent global numbers and get the car to run as it should.
                              *It's possible that you just need to recalibrate it.
                              Dan 8)
                              I am here to help...

Comment

Working...
                              X