what next ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what next ?

i just can't win . now my new laptop wont find my romulator . any ideas ?

boost. does a body good!

oh yeah i did try both versions of live edit as well.

boost. does a body good!

Comment

Have you tried re-installing the romulator software? If the computer can't find the hardware, it sounds like a driver issue. Im sure Jason will chime in with more info than I can provide.

Comment

1st thing i did was reload beta . but still the same thing . final does the same thing as well .

boost. does a body good!

Comment

I had the same problem with Live Edit. The first computer didn't have a serial port and the USB to serial adapter wouldn't work. Used a lap top with a serial adpter no problem. Also reqquires Com 1 port.
          Gave up on the whole live edit thing and went to Nistune.
          ...and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

Comment

Does it work with the power adapter plugged into the laptop? that can be an issue I've heard...

Does it work with the transtronics pktrom program?

Yeah, as Russ said nistune does pretty much everything better, but the cost is not for everyone and it has features you will probably never use than will.

Comment

Nistune? is it available now? Did I miss hearing that?

Holy crap, if its out someone point me in the right direction.
              Just stand back and throw money.
              Performance costs money.
              Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

com 1 port ? my laptop does have a serial port . it took le final forever to find my romulator before now it won't find it at all . beta worked really well for me with my old now busted laptop , plugged it in and after i talked to jason and got my head part way out of ass it worked great .

boost. does a body good!

Comment

jjewell wrote: com 1 port ? my laptop does have a serial port . it took le final forever to find my romulator before now it won't find it at all . beta worked really well for me with my old now busted laptop , plugged it in and after i talked to jason and got my head part way out of arse it worked great .
                  I've heard some serial ports are not fully compliant. Did you test it with the laptop plugged into AC power? Did you try the final version of liveedit?

As a last resort I would try a USB-serial adapter (if you can get one without buying it just to test... they are like $40 retail). Some of them let you change the com port assignment among other things.

OR-Zman wrote:
                  Nistune? is it available now? Did I miss hearing that?

Holy crap, if its out someone point me in the right direction.
                  We are not supposed to be advertising it until the 'official' release, but I believe he will sell you a pre-production unit if you ask really nice.

Comment

Jason-

Good to know. I wont need it for several months but I will want it for the "winter upgrades".
                    Just stand back and throw money.
                    Performance costs money.
                    Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

If you get in the bios you may find the com port turned off or set funky. Also as Jason pointed out, not all serial ports are truly compliant. Most serial/parallel ports these days are meant for mice/printers only.
                      http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

jason,
                        what laptop are you using ? by the pic on the romulator page it looks like it may be the same one i'm using . i just bought a refurbished dell latitude pentium 4 . plus could you go to the device manager and check the com port out for me , i want to see if the settings are the same .

boost. does a body good!

Comment

ok i plugged in the laptop to wall power reloaded live edit beta and final plus plugged in my garage pc to the serial cable and nothing is reading the romulator .

boost. does a body good!

Comment

this is with the ignition on, the light on the romulator is on? Maybe it's your serial cable?

Comment

thats kind of what i was thinking . my brothers going to grab one from work tonight and i'll give it another shot . plus the laptop wouldn't read the romulator disconnectted from the ecu .

boost. does a body good!

Comment

Working...
                              X