No announcement yet.

nistune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(1) I would stick with your 87 N/A ECU and put a 87 turbo ROM on the NIStune board. The only thing is you miss out on knock sensing (N/A ECU not fitted with knock sensing board)

The 84 ECU although turbo is really old and although they run. I prefer not to use these. Also have to check O2 sensor compatibility etc if you did use that

(2) You can change your injectors etc. NIStune adjusts the amount of fuel injected (flow and latency) in addition to changing cells on the fuel maps

(3) Shipping according to Australia Post is 8 working days overseas to US (so really about two weeks judging from feedback) which is about $10AUD to send (not tracked)

Anything like express post (3 days) tracked is going to cost about $45AUD upwards. You can almost send something as heavy as an ECU for the same price

Comment

thanx :lol: !!!!
      Originally posted by Racinjitter
      :lol: Those of us who say A/C FTW all have a g/f or wife. ac+women=more quiet=possibility of sex. -
      ac+women=SUPER BITCHING=no sex.

Comment

Weird!?
        I saw you shipped a mess of them out on Wednesday and I got mine on the following monday which means it got from the land down under to my front door in 5 days! :shock:

Comment

shippings strange. some people get it early.. others after a couple of weeks?!

new site from http://www.nistune.com thanks to stinky for that!

Comment

I've read all the info and it seems like I'm going to put myself on the waiting list. I do have yet another, perhaps remedial, ECU question. While it seems as though many questions have been asked regarding 84-5 ECU's and 87-89 ECU there has been little mention of 86 units. I'm know that they CAN work but is there any advantage to using an 86 n/a as opposed to to an 84T (both of which I have). We are all aware of the 86 O2 sensor issues which I assume would be remedied by using of of the approved compatible wideband O2 (Zietronix, etc..) Am I correct in thinkking this? Is is better to use the 84T or 86n/a?

BTW the previously posted links to the Nistune info have been changed I think, less to look up and the one posted above (http://www.nistune.com) isn't working either. I know you are swamped Matt but if you could answer this at your leisure I would appreciate it.

Comment

Site works for me. O2 aside, what's the advantage, after installation of useing a later model ECU?
              1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

Comment

the 86 upwards models are basically a lot easier to install. however they function the same, so no need to swap ecus

the 1986 onwards are just newer technology. functionly they work the same (except I dont have knock reporting in the 1984/1985 yet)

email me directly enquires[at]nistune.com if you have questions. we support a lot of cars now (currently trying to get an ER34 up and running) so I dont frequent these forums very often these days

Comment

Working...
                X