nistune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nistune

so the guy in australia is still doing the nistune thing right is there a price out for it? also is l&p still making intake manifolds for us? anything else cool come out in the past couple months? sorry dont have time to search yea im a dick i know. hey dan is there anything new out that we havent talked about? thanks dood.

Dewd!(get it right!)

Buy one of my plenums, support me!

Nistune?....Patience! It hasn't been anounced for public release yet.

Myself, along with a few others have a pre-release version of it. You will truley appreciate waiting, as there is currently limited information for working with the software. I'm sure that when it goes public, there will be a thorough break down of how the tables associate with each other, what they effect, tips to help the first timer get the right settings, etc.
    *I say be patient, because here I am just finally grasping the concept of the tables, settings, and how they all relate to each other. It has been a miserable 3 weeks with many, many phone calls to a couple of other guys that have much more knowledge to get to where I am at right now with it.
    **My past experience with engine tuning has been with a produc5t called DSM LINK. Quite a booklet of information arrived with the software that was installed into the stock ecu. It made my life easy as pie compared to Nistune. The hardest part of any enginemanagement is getting the global or K value set appropiately. With DSM Link, they already had a large selection of aftermarket injectors and the appropiate setting to start from. At this time, Nistune simply offers a "calculation" to start off from and it isn't very accurate.
    Waiting for Nistune to be released to the public will be worth it in my opinion. In the meantime, those needing assistance immediately....I suggest trying to hook-up with someone closest to you that is willing to plug thier unit in and get you started. If they have the romulator version, they can get you started(by leaps and bounds) and you can use live edit/romulator to finish yourself off at a snails pace, at your convenience.
    Once you get into this stuff, you'll fully understand why Nistune is far more desireable than Live Edit.
    **Lastly, words cannot fully explain what all this is about until you are actually using the products and experiencing it for yourself.
    Dan 8)
    I am here to help...

Comment

oops

didnt know you had one or forgot yea give me one of those too. so no news on the nistune? whats the turn around on your plenums? core required? sorry cant call. also looking at getting some little parts here and there wondering if you had any good hookups with radiator, intercooler, cams, gaskets, short throw shifter, brakes (stock), in addition to the intake manifold? thanks in advance. (btw will be ordering stuff in may)

Comment

Well, another option that could be much easier on your mind and offer you less downtime, would be to work with me through e-mail and base your build off of what I am doing to 3 in house builds. I can be your center for upgrades.
        *I'm fairly certain that you'd be happy with what I'm building and tuning here.
        If you went the way that I have gone, you could base tune off from what I can send you..or you could merely have me burn the chip and send you an ecu that'll be plug and play.
        I recomend the later....based on what I have learned from the talks we have had over the past couple years. This would make your upgrades plugnplay. If and when you decided to go farther..all the other required equipment could be purchased to do your own tuning. In the meantime, you could use that extra money to afford the upgrades to get you to the level I am at with these cars....and actually enjoy the car some.
        Dan 8)
        I am here to help...

Comment

dan

that sounds like a plan email sent.

Comment

What he said, and there's some new stuff on Z31Parts.com now too...

I'm confident Nistune will expand the Z31 Tuning community at least 50 fold. It is a quality product that gives you standalone features with stock drivability for pennies on the doller. No empty promises here; if you are willing to take the time to learn how to tune, then nistune is the way to go. If you want plug and play JWT is still willing to take your $600+, and eventually I'm sure some more people will be too.

Comment

We havent had a clear date on Nistune forever and its demoralizing. I've been waiting for this for a while and its to the point where I just want to say F' it and buy the 88NA ecu and romulator.

Can ANYONE give a realistic time we can expect this? I want to get my VG30ET 510 ready for spring and I'm aiming for 350+ whp, its either nistune or romulator and I'm not really seeing any light at the end of the tunnel for the nistune besides a bunch of idle talk.

It looks and sounds awesome but it does me no good till its out :/

Comment

wong wrote: We havent had a clear date on Nistune forever and its demoralizing. I've been waiting for this for a while and its to the point where I just want to say F' it and buy the 88NA ecu and romulator.

Can ANYONE give a realistic time we can expect this? I want to get my VG30ET 510 ready for spring and I'm aiming for 350+ whp, its either nistune or romulator and I'm not really seeing any light at the end of the tunnel for the nistune besides a bunch of idle talk.

It looks and sounds awesome but it does me no good till its out :/
                Not to be an ass or anything, but he can't really be expected to release a product before it is ready... and with the limited manpower he has both developing and testing the product, the speed to a final product is going to be reduced.

I'm confident he will have a v 1.0 release sometime in the relatively near future. I am not quite qualified to speculate on the actual release date though...

Comment

No, I know what you're saying but its like having a carrot dangling in front of you and every time it sounds like you're going to get it, YANK.

I really am looking forward to this but I think lots of customers are being lost to people who couldn’t wait any more and just bought a romulator and live tune.

Comment

hey, I'm not sure what language he's writing it in but I'd gladly help develop it free of charge if it means it'll be released faster. I'm fluent in c++, .net and a few other less common languages.
                    Funny stories!

Comment

wong wrote: No, I know what you're saying but its like having a carrot dangling in front of you and every time it sounds like you're going to get it, YANK.

I really am looking forward to this but I think lots of customers are being lost to people who couldn’t wait any more and just bought a romulator and live tune.

"Think"
                      is the key word to your statement.

Fact is...They may buy into the romulator and live edit, but knowing where I am at with Nistune...Those people will buy Nistune just to get the maps cleaned up long after messing around with live edit. There's no comparission between the two products/options.

*I'm no "Pro" and my previous tuning experiences have been with a product that was fully developed.(DSM Link/Eclipse and Talon cars)
                      Knowing what my experiences were with that product and now Nistune, you'll appreciate it not being currently avail. so that Matt can get the software/hardware where it needs to be. You don't want to have the experience be more confusing/hard than it needs to be.
                      There is no comparission between the DSM Link and Nistune(DSM Link is VERY NEWB Friendly!). Nistune has Far more tables and adjustments it allows the tuner to adjust the ecu with more finesse. This is both good and bad. For the newcomer, it requires alot of reading and learning.(of which I'm sure is on the list of things Matt will do when he releases the product...a further detialed documentation to help you understand the software.)
                      If you were dropped into the product like the limited few that have "pre-release" versions of Nistune....You'd probably be lost. I have been on this now for almost two weeks and after many, many long distance phone calls....have a general(very general) understanding of how things are associated and what they do.
                      ~A sugestion...if getting the car running is priority #1...get the romulator and use live edit. Don't just wait. You'll find that there is soooooo much to learn and the knowledge you gain with using Live Edit will help you when you step into Nistune. Concider it a supplement. Extra expenses?...not really! Sell off the equipment when you finally upgrade.
                      I am here to help...

Comment

I wouldnt be doing the tuning myself anyways, at least not initial. I'm sorry if I come off as an asshole I'm just really pumped about the product and would rather not settle for less.

Comment

Hey guys

I know a lot of you have been waiting for some time, but it is not my intention to release early with known issues and then have it come back to bite me later when there are problems. Trust me its frustrating not being able to release these things now, but I dont want to get swamped with people having issues... So heres the deal

We have still some outstanding issues to fix before releasing to public.

- With the USB connection we have found this can disconnect during operation and require a replug in of the device. We have found this week it was just due to noise in on certain vehicles. We are trying to determine where the noise comes from in the vehicle. On the other aspect I am looking into making windows software disconnect and reconnect the USB device without the user needing to then this problem occurs

- Last week we upgraded to the latest USB drivers to the latest and need out beta testers to check these work on their machines okay. Resolving driver conflict can be a pain if there are any issues

-Our USB chip manufacturer released a new part several months ago which is smaller and have more components on it. This means we can remove a bunch of other components from our board. We are also at the same time redeigned the board to store the image only in NVRAM rather than needing the pocket romulator.

This redesign took more time to do and now needs retesting. It also makes our boards quicker to manufacture

This means you just plug in the board and put the ECU back where it lives. A small amount of these new boards are arriving this week and need to be populated and tested. These are the final prototype of ones I plan to sell at the end of the day. I do have several romulator only version boards available if you are really keen and willing to stumble through the initial learning process of getting it running. The NVRAM version will be a lot easier to use

Documentation currently available also needs an update to get everyone up and running asap.

Once these items have been done (the board manufacture turnaround time is the longest) then we can start releasing. I'm looking around January that we should be ready if no new issues arise. We have had these boards running since about January and getting the bugs out of the system since then. There is nothing more frustrating than trying to use something and having it not work or crash in the middle.

-matt

Comment

Thanks alot for the post Matt.

I think everyone will appreciate you taking the time to come in and post an update yourself on the product.

I look forward ( along with many others ) to placing an order as soon as it's released.
                            1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

Comment

sweeeet...I will be more than willing to wait for better product than to go thru the pains of
                              working with something still in the development phase ( it's my job 5 days a week already).

heh..
                              If you need help populating boards, i have a Nikon SMZ stereoscope and a soldering bench
                              at work. I can SMT solder and inspect, take detailed hi-mag photos etc...
                              I build and test hi-power (>3.4kW) water cooled, custom semiconductor lasers.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

Working...
                              X