What ECU can be used with Nistune?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ECU can be used with Nistune?

let me see if I got this right. With Nistune, I would be able to use my existing ECU (86Na)? Or I could use a 87t ECU that I acquired. INSTEAD OF THE 88TECU that is just faught to get on E-bay at an unreasonable price???? Is this about the jist of It??

Nistune=using the ecu that is in the car to tune with.
    *The only exception that I have witnessed is that there are two versions of ecu's for the '84 model, one of these versions isn't acceptable. I'm sure that the information on this will be disclosed upon the public release of the product)
    ~But what if I am doing a turbo conversion, don't I need the appropiate ecu as outlined on redz31.com?

*It is no longer a requirement if using Nistune, the luxury of programability.

**The main focus, if doing the n/a to Turbo conversion and using Nistune, should be, simply put:
    ^^Using the proper O2 sensor and making sure to use the proper impedance injectors.

Example, if your situation is that your chassis is originally an '86n/a, you'll want to use the same '86n/a O2 sensor(17mm Titania) when doing the conversion, and you'll want to make sure that the injectors you're using are low impedance('84-85 turbo injectors or '87 turbo injectors).
    I am here to help...

Comment

The only thing to keep in mind is that at the moment I'm not aware of anyone who is successfully using an 84-87 ecu with nistune. Maybe I just dont know about them. That's not to say it doesnt or wont work but the focus and the majority of the support is for the 88-89 ecus.

Comment

Great Dan..you just answered my question specifically. The 86na I have that eventually is going turbo conversion. I already have parts from the donor car(87t) and correct low impudence injectors. If Nistune will sort al lthis out, anyone want to purchase my expensive 88tECU is just wasted money on?LOL could be worse.

Comment

Great stinkey, maybe I have not spent money in vain by purchasing the 88t ECU. I know we all have done dumb stuff in our Z efforts, but I really wish I had met you guy sooner. What a blessing to find you guys.

Comment

ackion wrote: let me see if I got this right. With Nistune, I would be able to use my existing ECU (86Na)? Or I could use a 87t ECU that I acquired. INSTEAD OF THE 88TECU that is just faught to get on E-bay at an unreasonable price???? Is this about the jist of It??
            I sell 88na ecu's all day long already socketed for ~120, and I've thrown out cores with less corrosion on them than what I've seen actually running in cars.

Finding a turbo ECU, that's a lot harder, but if you MUST have the DET sensor and the Ti o2 sensor... then you need to stick with that... it wasn't that hard for me to switch o2 bungs, and a new bung is ~10$.

I prefer the 88+ because if I were to start taking pictures of all the different z31 ecu's that I've got laying around, you'll be able to see that over the years, they continously improved the design, made all the electronics shrink down, and made small improvements as to how they behave (like the CHTS override). Plus, they're much easier to modify.
            vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
            2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

I have a 86 NA and have acquired all the turbo stuff I need from a 87. I knew i needed a 88 ECU and found a 88t on Ebay. My 86 has a 17mm sensor. Im not even sure I needed the 88t, but I got it at an outrageous price. Im like a blind man grouping for the wall. I just hope I did not throw moneyh down a rat hole. I will have to get it socket I know, and I hope it might be compatiable with my86NA should I use it till I put the turbo stuff on it. But anyway I hope I made the right decision in the long run when I convert to turbo. What do you think Georga Cracker?
              Attached Files

Comment

ackion wrote: I have a 86 NA and have acquired all the turbo stuff I need from a 87. I knew i needed a 88 ECU and found a 88t on Ebay. My 86 has a 17mm sensor. Im not even sure I needed the 88t, but I got it at an outrageous price. Im like a blind man grouping for the wall. I just hope I did not throw moneyh down a rat hole. I will have to get it socket I know, and I hope it might be compatiable with my86NA should I use it till I put the turbo stuff on it. But anyway I hope I made the right decision in the long run when I convert to turbo. What do you think Georga Cracker?
                lol, the 88T ecu will use the same o2 as both the 86's.

Ohm check the injectors, if they're 2-4ohm, you'll need to add resistors and undo the injector recall, 12-16ohm, good-to-go. Resistance will vary a bit on based on their temperature.

Putting a T ecu on an NA harness will make you lose the rev limiter... just watch yourself ;D

Comment

Good stuff!! Thank you. Some of my best ex-wives were from Georgia.

Comment

ackion wrote: Good stuff!! Thank you. Some of my best ex-wives were from Georgia.
                    lol, I don't even want to begin with how many things are wrong with that statement. ;D

Comment

Working...
                    X