• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Fuel Adjuster

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_2418/article.html

Read how it works

Some Clever Australlians came up with it

I have bought the kit and made one for my own Z,for my situation its a good solution to get a good tune from the mods of cams ported heads and 3 or so psi more boost on a stock fuel system(Nb will be using uprated fuel pump and higher base pressure).

Of course this has to be used in conjunction with a Wideband 02 setup, which i also intend to get
    85 Turbo Slick Top
    __________________________________________________ _____

That seems pretty cool! how much is $80 austrailian in US dollars tho?

one miiilleeeeeooooonnn dollarrrrrs!!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh sorry. ops:
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Hey satan $80 AUS dollars works out to $62 USD, The reason i bought/built one was i knew i would need some adjustment to the fuel mixtures without going to crazy, Its only Really adjustable to the limitations of the MAF/injectors but it is great for the purpose it is intended for
      85 Turbo Slick Top

Comment

I have the performance electronics book with all those kits in it. They have some good stuff. Have you installed that kit yet? I considered getting one, but to be honest with you, you wont be getting much benifit from that besides being able to run more fuel, and with 3 psi more you dont need more fuel. You can use that kit to put in bigger injectors, but then the timing will bite you.

My verdict of that kit is that it is great for more fuel pressure or slightly larger injectors, but because you cant adjust timing you dont get the full benefits of a fuel upgrade and the ecu will think there is less load so the timing gets too advanced. I have chosen to go for mega squirt, because it doesnt cost much more than that, can be used with a lap top, allows you to adjust almost every engine parameter, and my favourite part, uses a map sensor. Plus you get the fun and learning experience of building it and making it work yourself

The indipendent electronic boost controller they do looks really good also, but it cant be used on a Z because of the way our injectors pulse. Our injectors work in banks, then at a certain load go at the same time. The IEBC monitors injectors to set the load points, if only it could monitor the AFM like the fuel adjuster..

Let me know how you go with that, it pretty much does all that an S-AFC does but for half the price. If you want a scan of the article in performance electronics, let me know and i can email it.

Comment

Hey satan $80 AUS dollars works out to $62 USD
          Plus you need to buy the controller for another $60 odd.

Comment

I have the same book floating around somewhere and i got my kit for $80 NZD which is even cheaper again,it will be interesting to see how it goes but its really just a security measure/fine adjustment type thing i am keen on giving megasquirt a go but im not keen for changing the wiring harness and i think Nistune is really the way to go for making any serious cahnges (ie decent injectors and t3/t4). for the moment this will only be used on a engine with a stock or near stock t3.
            Attached Files
            85 Turbo Slick Top

Comment

Liam86t wrote:
              Hey satan $80 AUS dollars works out to $62 USD
              Plus you need to buy the controller for another $60 odd.
              I don't need to buy one of those as an Engineering friend is very quite happy to lend me his one whenver i need it (he used the boost controller kit for quite a while but no longer has that vechicle)
              85 Turbo Slick Top

Comment

thats lucky, makes it bloody cheap. $80 compared to $300-$400 for an S-AFC that does the same thing! I like the set up of that controller, looks simple and straight forward.
                good luck

Comment

that's pretty cool, I see that it'll do 0-5v, 0-12v, and 0-1v.. how are you going to handle our 2-7v(as I understand it) signal out of the MAF?

Nevermind, they pretty much explain it further on.
                  vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
                  2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

Liam86t wrote: I have the performance electronics book with all those kits in it. They have some good stuff. Have you installed that kit yet? I considered getting one, but to be honest with you, you wont be getting much benifit from that besides being able to run more fuel, and with 3 psi more you dont need more fuel. You can use that kit to put in bigger injectors, but then the timing will bite you.

My verdict of that kit is that it is great for more fuel pressure or slightly larger injectors, but because you cant adjust timing you dont get the full benefits of a fuel upgrade and the ecu will think there is less load so the timing gets too advanced. I have chosen to go for mega squirt, because it doesnt cost much more than that, can be used with a lap top, allows you to adjust almost every engine parameter, and my favourite part, uses a map sensor. Plus you get the fun and learning experience of building it and making it work yourself

The indipendent electronic boost controller they do looks really good also, but it cant be used on a Z because of the way our injectors pulse. Our injectors work in banks, then at a certain load go at the same time. The IEBC monitors injectors to set the load points, if only it could monitor the AFM like the fuel adjuster..

Let me know how you go with that, it pretty much does all that an AVC-R does but for half the price. If you want a scan of the article in performance electronics, let me know and i can email it.
                    Just a few dollars more for the Megasquirt???? more like a couple hundred dollars more. but then again you get a lot more adjustability, But I have yet to see a solid backround of people using the megasquirt with good results, I think Mark86t or whoever he is is one of the only ones I know of. Any others?
                    "Simplify and add lightness."
                    "Adding power makes you faster in a straight. Losing weight makes you faster everywhere."

Comment

yeah i know, the fuel adjuster is about AU$140 and megasquirt I V3 is about AU$320 shipped to my front door with the stimulator (i thought about that after i posted). There are a couple of people using megasquirt, Blowzup was making about 390 odd HP. If Nistune comes out before i buy megasquirt, il seriously consider it cause its about the same price and will be easier to get a baseline tune. But i love the idea of using a map sensor and not having to worry about every little air leak, plus MS S&S-extra has so many cool functions, like boost limit, boost control, shift light, efan control. I know they will require a lot of experimenting to get the functions working, but thats all part of the fun!

Comment

Working...
                      X