No announcement yet.

Injector rewire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not contradicting myself at all. I have my doubts about this supposed rewiring of the injection system such that the actual banks are changed.

And if you read all the pdf, it says that if the connectors are OK, just reattach them.

Lets get real here. Nissan is not going to say its OK to change the order in some cases and not in other cases. Just because of the condition of the connectors?
    Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

crowbar wrote: Lets get real here. Nissan is not going to say its OK to change the order in some cases and not in other cases. Just because of the condition of the connectors?
      It actually happens numerous times like that. Theres a recall on Chevy malibu's....If the contacts on the headlight bulbs show signs of melting you have to rewire the harness.
      If there is no sign of melting simply replace the bulb.

O.E. are weird as fuck...Working for them sucks.
      ""You gota watch out in this weather. Its when them white boys with their turbos come out to play" Mr. Rimpson - UTI Instructor, refering to a slightly damp 50 degree day.

Comment

Yes I did read it. You are the one claiming the proof is in the pictures!

Show me any text that supports a changing of the injector firing order. All the NSB say to re-use the existing connectors and firing order if the connectors are OK. Or did you read it?
        Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

From looking at the 1984 FSM (which covers 84-86?). EFEC chapter, pgs EF EC 8; its apparent that the NA and Turbo are factory different.

If someone were to change a NA car to a Turbo, then they would leave the 1 and 6 injector connections the same and swap the 3 and 5 and 2 and 4 connections respectively. This would bring the car in agreement with the wiring diagram.

Note: This does not change the firing! Each bank fires the same as before.

Can someone please provide some definitive proof that the banks are being changed?
          Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

Im soooooo confused. I am converting a 86NA to turbo. I just know all this stuff applies to me, and I am dumber than a rock when it comes to rewiring. You guys look like rocket scientist to me. All y'all.

Comment

ackion wrote: Im soooooo confused. I am converting a 86NA to turbo. I just know all this stuff applies to me, and I am dumber than a rock when it comes to rewiring. You guys look like rocket scientist to me. All y'all.
              Listen to what Bum said above. You really don't need to worry about the rewire back to stock until you get quite a ways along in your hp levels.

btw- this injector rewire issue isn't as complicated as this thread has made it out to be. Its pretty simple. Again refer to Bums last post and the FSM.
              Just stand back and throw money.
              Performance costs money.
              Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

[quote]OR-Zman wrote:
                Originally posted by ackion
                Im soooooo confused. I am converting a 86NA to turbo. I just know all this stuff applies to me, and I am dumber than a rock when it comes to rewiring. You guys look like rocket scientist to me. All y'all.
                Listen to what Bum said above. You really don't need to worry about the rewire back to stock until you get quite a ways along in your hp levels.

btw- this injector rewire issue isn't as complicated as this thread has made it out to be. Its pretty simple. Again refer to Bums last post and the FSM.
                im glad someone finally said it.. how the fuck can there be so much discussion on 6 ground and 6 power wires. its fucking nothing, and there are web sites and pictures all over the place that explain this.

Comment

6 Ground wires? Sorry. There are no ground wires. In fact, I believe that Bum has also made a fundamental electronics error (in addition to being wrong about the wiring).

In any case, BUM seems to be adament that Nissan is changing the injection order in some cases and not in other cases. He seems to be contradicting his 'myth' dispelled page.
                  Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

your right, there are no ground wires, the circuit is completed through thin air. good thinking buddy.. how can you accuse bum of being "fundamentally flawed" or whatever you said, in the injector wiring and then claim that there are no ground wires... ingenious

each injector has 2 wires, one power, one ground. there is constant power when the ignition is on. the computer switches the ground on and off. the 3 left injectors all fire at the same time.. same thing with the right.. there are six ground wires going to the computer, one per injector. the three on the left are all fired by one injector driver.. same thing with the right.. that means that it doesnt matter how you rewire the injectors as long as you get the left and right correct. just make sure you have one green and one red wire going to each injector.. the recall harness is very simple. for whatever reason you want to believe they made it so each side is only firing off of one injector wire that comes from the computer... yes there are differences on the wire diagrams in the service manual, specifically between turbos and NAs.. it makes no difference though.. its not complicated at all. the injector rewire has been explained a million times. i cant understand what all this discussion is about.

Comment

Its not a ground wire. The switching goes through a transitor. Ground is ground bud.
                      Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

Just to quote Bum...

MYTH: The Nissan dealer changed the ECU firing pattern.
                        FACT: The ECU is not touched during the injector work. Because of the condition of most of the cars that come in to get worked on, Nissan opted to install a new injector sub harness. Before the service campaign, the ECU had two firing modes, simultaneous and group. Simultaneous Injection mode means that all injectors fire at the same time. This mode is when the engine is over 3000 rpms, injection pulse duration is more than 6.5ms, or cylinder head temperature is below 60oC or 140oF. Group or Batch Injection mode means that the six injectors are divided into two groups. The groups are cylinders 1, 2, 3, and 4, 5, 6. These groups are fired once each engine cycle 180o opposite of each other. After the service campaign, the ECU still has both of these firing modes. The only difference is the groups. The new groups are 1, 3, 5 and 2, 4, 6.
                        Its obvious NOW he knows that in some cases Nissan left it alone.

MYTH: Before there were 6 seperate injector triggers and now there are only 2.
                        FACT:Before, there were 2 injector triggers. After there are 2 injector triggers. The only thing that's changed is the injectors they trigger. If you open the ECU, you will see th3 6 injector trigger leads. You can easily see on the board that the injector leads are connected just after the pins are soldered to the board. Pins 101, 102, and 103 all share the same trace all the way from the trigger to the pins. Pins 104, 105, and 106 all share the same trace all the way from the other trigger to the pins. The difference is now there is less physical wire that the signals have to travel through from the triggers to the injectors. Before there was approximately 6 feet of wire for each injector from the ECU making a total of 36 feet of wire. After there is approximately 6 feet of wire going to 2 injectors with about 6 inches from the center injector to each ajoining injector. The new total is about 14 feet of wire.
                        This is silly for a few reasons. He is obviously under the delusion that the intent of this whole thing is to redesign the injector timing (which it is obviously not since we have discovered that NISSAN says to let it be in some cases).

The length of wire is important? Who cares? The guage of the 'signal' wire is thinner than the red 'power' wire. Anyone figure out what that means? Its a very silly thing he is saying. I would not want all the current 'returning' through that thin wire WHEN THERE ALREADY EXISTS OTHER WIRES!

He is right about the traces internal to the ECU. But the 'signal'? The signal goes to the gate of the transistor. The resulting switching of power is not a 'signal' that goes to the injector. It is power.
                        Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

crowbar- Just give it up man. Good grief. My 11 year old daughter has better reading comprehension than this. :shock:
                          Just stand back and throw money.
                          Performance costs money.
                          Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

My advice is to return it to stock. The 200sxse, by the way, already has a dedicated sub-harness with a connector to the main harness. So it appears that this is a Maxima and 300zx issue.
                            Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

I would not want all the current 'returning' through that thin wire WHEN THERE ALREADY EXISTS OTHER WIRES!
                              All that current? Your Mr. Electronics... Post Recall Nissan Injectors in an 88 Turbo are 13-14 Ohms. (Ill take pictures of all 6 if you want me to.
                              Supplied battery voltage. Alternator charging so we'll say 13.5 volts. Injector resistance 13.5 ohms....How much currents in that wire?

Its a moot point. Thats an injector scope pattern take on the ground side of the injector. Notice when the injector is firing there is 0volts on the ground side. How much current is there then?

Flyback voltage spike is not of a concern. ECU is disconnected from the injector circuit and the excess voltage generated just goes back to the battery.
                              ""You gota watch out in this weather. Its when them white boys with their turbos come out to play" Mr. Rimpson - UTI Instructor, refering to a slightly damp 50 degree day.

Comment

lower myself to match whits
                                LOL!

Definition of whit
                                n. - The smallest part or particle imaginable; a bit; a jot; an iota; -- generally used in an adverbial phrase in a negative sentence. 2
                                Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

Working...
                                X