Injector rewire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injector rewire

I know I will need to install resistors and rewire injecter harness for a 88-89 ECU, But do I need to rewire injector harness If I use my 87 ecu with a romulator?

What exactly is done for the rewire? Can anyone point me to the exact procedure?
    Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

Injector rewire

Its easy to do. Harder to know why. http://www.redz31.com/pages/fuel/romulator.html

Comment

I guess I am asking for a electrical diagram.
        Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

not that big of a deal.

it's quite obvious which injector wires where when you're doing the job. Just use logic.[/url]
          vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
          2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

I tried to rewire mine to solve a 3,000 rpm "hiccup" i was having. Someone on Z31.com told me to do so.

When i tried to rewire mine, i used the FSM diagram to tell me which trigger wire color to put to each injector.

Sadly, it never ran well afterwards. Soldered all points, everything was done according to the FSM.

Never really figured that one out. Sluggish idle, even more sluggish driving.

Put them back to post-recall wiring, didn't run sluggishly anymore but still has the 3,000 rpm hiccup

Comment

can you use a romaulator with a 87ECu?

Comment

ecu

I dont know why not, its looks the same inside, not like my 86 ecu

Comment

ackion wrote: can you use a romaulator with a 87ECu?
                  you CAN, but it's more work than getting an 88+...

Comment

Hello my friend. Listen to the Georgia man. He knows his stuff

Comment

grahfz wrote: not that big of a deal.

it's quite obvious which injector wires where when you're doing the job. Just use logic.[/url]
                      Could you possibly restate this? it makes no sense.

Does the rewire just put a acouple different injectors on different banks?
                      Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

[quote]crowbar wrote:
                        Originally posted by grahfz
                        not that big of a deal.

Could you possibly restate this? it makes no sense.

Does the rewire just put a acouple different injectors on different banks?
                        Thanks Bum.

it's obvious if you look at where they snipped off the old harness. The middle one's already figured out for you, as that's where they run the new harness from. You're only really dealing with two injectors per side, a front and a back.

Cut them off, wrap up the middle inj. wire, then solder and heat-shrink the other two back together. Rinse, repeat for the other side.

Honestly, if it's this much trouble for you, you don't really need to be doing it...

Comment

Not looking to do it. I had a recall done by a dealer. Just looking to know what they did precisely.

Thanks for the link to the pdf.
                          Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

Firing order:
                            1-2-3-4-5-6

The groups are cylinders 1, 2, 3, and 4, 5, 6. These groups are fired once each engine cycle 180o opposite of each other. After the service campaign, the ECU still has both of these firing modes. The only difference is the groups. The new groups are 1, 3, 5 and 2, 4, 6.
                            I would speculate that the new groups were also trying to space the injection differently. The only benefit really being under 3000 rpm. Over 3000 rpm, they all fire at the same time anyway.
                            Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

Actually that pdf says that if the connectors are fine, just to reattach the original connectors. It makes no mention of rewiring the order of the injectors.
                              Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

Working...
                              X