knock sensor??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knock sensor??

last week i went and bought my turbo set up. as i was driving home today (7 hour drive) i realized i didn't get the knock sensor.

i currently have an 85 model NA with an 88 NA (resistors installed) ECU. i read Jasons swap page but i don't remember seeing anything about the knock sensor.

i think its pretty important to have. but can someone give me some info on it. like where its located on the block and how to wire it up to the computer.

thanks

Does anyone even run it?

It does some pointless thing like only work below 3k or something like that.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: Does anyone even run it?

It does some pointless thing like only work below 3k or something like that.
      Well, I dont know what the factory ecu reads it until but the argument is, is that above 5k(or so) rpm's the sensore cant tell the difference between engine noise and knock.
      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Good question 84z31. I look forward to learning from this one myself.

Comment

well, my supra motor, 86 NA had to have one. i wasn't sure if anyone actually runs one or not. i just worry that with the 9:1 compression things could get hairy without one.

but if the masters are not running one and not having any problems, i won't worry about it.

Comment

Working...
          X