No announcement yet.

Bleeder style Boost Controllers.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I can tell you is that a shitty MBC blew my rings....

If you're going to get a MBC, make sure it's decent quality.
    It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

280Z Turbo wrote: Some guy on Zcar.com was talking about this comparison test. I didn't read though it all yet, but it is quite interesting:

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/ ... t_control/

They seemed to think the MBC was not only effective, but BETTER than some of these expensive electronic controllers.
      ive read that before and i read it again.. its a joke. they talk about this fancy datalogger they have and they dont bother to post the results. they complain about small knobs and poor instruction.. when it comes to functionality they just say "no better than a manual" or "it works great".. if they are going to make such a claim then they should show a graph with MAP and rpm for each BC that they tested. lets see some numbers. ive used many MBC's on many cars. ive used name brand and homemade. ive only used one EBC(profec b) and i will NEVER go back to a manual. they are crap compared to an ebc.. i would LOVE to see some actual data on this topic

Comment

Domdogg123 wrote: All I can tell you is that a shitty MBC blew my rings....

How the hell is it the boost controllers fault that you blew your rings? because it spiked? sounds like opperator error to me.
        85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
        04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

[quote]SATAN wrote:
          Originally posted by Domdogg123
          All I can tell you is that a shitty MBC blew my rings....

How the hell is it the boost controllers fault that you blew your rings? because it spiked? sounds like opperator error to me.
          +1

Comment

Well, I am definitely partially to blame. However, the fact that the MBC could not be set to anything below 15psi was not my fault. Even after I cut the spring it would not open earlier.

Two short pulls from 30mph was all it took...
            It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

lol thats why you should have had a boost gauge installed and actually monitored it on your 1ST pull

Comment

Working...
              X