wideband oxygen sensor choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wideband oxygen sensor choice

Please help me out. I am purchasing a wideband oxygen sensor for my z31. I am looking at Innovate and AEM stand alone gauge type. I am going all the way with my car, which will include Nistune. I feel the true skinney is in this forum on which way to go. Anyone sold on which one?

i have an AEM , most people will agree that the innovate! will be a better choice for logging andotrher things like that , but the lm-1 is just a huge ugly box that is obviously all bussines . i love the way my AEM w/b looks and for what i want to do with it it's perfect , the innovate lm-1 is ubviously for tuning and then once youre done pack it up and put it away .

now if you get the innovate lc-1 or whatever that will obviously be the best/most expensive choice ,its a gauge and you can use it with the fancy aux box and all that other datalogging good stuff.

Comment

From everything I have heard and understand the Innovative LM2 is a very nice unit. I have one but havent been able to use it yet. (long story...) It is sitting in my garage along with my Nistune ECU just begging me to get the 85 done.
      Just stand back and throw money.
      Performance costs money.
      Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

does either one just plug into the existing bung hole? Does both come with any software?

Comment

AEM uses software that is already on your computer , now as weird as that sounds it really is in most computers , its just a simple chart that shows every single different AFR you get into that is all ,pretty simple logging .

now the lm-1 has software i think ,also you can get an aux box or other innovate shit , hook it al up to your car , and the you can log everything you can possibly think of ,like tps ,rpm's ,egt's ,so on and so forth (note that nistune is also supposed to be able to log alot of things). if you plan on geting that serious with the tuning then this should be your route . if you want to just know at all times if your'e running safe AFR's without all of that other stuff you are not going to be using 99% of the time you spend behind the wheel. the maybe the AEM/cheaper route is for you.

Comment

Good imput 2 plus 2. That kind of stuff is why this forum is invaluable. Thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

The key is "NisTune" Innovate is supported by Nistune as are a few others, not AEM.
              I am hoping once I get everything together that I will be able to log A/F in NisTune (which I can do now) along with RPM's, acceleration, and g's and be able to tune at events real time.
              The LM-1 comes with a bung that you can weld into the exhaust, or when I go on the dyno I use the bung that the stock 02 goes in so I suppose you could use it to tune. The key would be to get it wired up so that it would come on and off with the ignition.
              Right now I have to switch mine on an off manually and that is a pain.
              ...and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

Comment

Good point Russ. I want it to interface with Nistune if possiable. I just see the usefulness of the wideband as I get into this heady stuff. Heck, have you been watching the mind and word war going on in Injectors? I could fry a couple of pistons and not even have a clue.

Comment

get an LC-1, if you don't care about being able to see "live" afr's without a laptop in the car, go LC-1 all the way.

I wouldn't buy an LM-1 again, too much going on all over the place. The LCD is nice for doing a "quick check"... like I could tell that I had a boost leak someplace in the piping.

But if you really want a gauge, make sure that it works with the LC-1... for nistune/laptop tuning, I don't think that you're going to beat it.
                  vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
                  2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

get an LC-1, if you don't care about being able to see "live" afr's without a laptop in the car, go LC-1 all the way.

I wouldn't buy an LM-1 again, too much going on all over the place. The LCD is nice for doing a "quick check"... like I could tell that I had a boost leak someplace in the piping.

But if you really want a gauge, make sure that it works with the LC-1... for nistune/laptop tuning, I don't think that you're going to beat it.
                    I agree, If I had to do over again.
                    ...and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

Comment

Thanks my Georgia friend, I appreciate your advice. Its a beginning $400 investiment that most likely will grow. I just don't want to duplicate money or effort. I like the idea of a guage. I do not want to drive around with a lap top in my passenger seat all the time and the Lc-1 guage is unattractive and clumbsy. I want it mounted on a A-piller pod.

Comment

I beleive the xc-16 is the innovate stand along dial. I beleive it can be updated to do all the stuff with nistune as the time comes.

Comment

i have the lc-1 and the xd=16 and both of them work great they r wired in to the stock ignition.. They work great since i've had them and what not so......... just giving u my input

Comment

Thanks Matt, I beleive this is the way I will go.

Comment

Working...
                            X