Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

not sure if anyone else has done this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not sure if anyone else has done this...

I finaly got the car running again after snapping the #2 cylinder intake valve and punching a hole in the piston. But thats another storry
    Well, I ended up playing with those little solenoid vaccum things that sit by the coil and I rigged one up to a toggle switch so it can be used to switch between stock boost settings and a manual boost controller. so far it seems to work out pretty well. Just thought Id share.

OrionMCP wrote: I finaly got the car running again after snapping the #2 cylinder intake valve and punching a hole in the piston. But thats another storry
    Well, I ended up playing with those little solenoid vaccum things that sit by the coil and I rigged one up to a toggle switch so it can be used to switch between stock boost settings and a manual boost controller. so far it seems to work out pretty well. Just thought Id share.
    You mean the solinoids for the fuel pressure regulator? I'm not sure which ones you are talking about.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

the ones that are screwed onto the bracket the coil attaches to. I tried to post some pics on here but the photo gallery dosent like me. I guess thats what they were there for originally.

Comment

Haha, that sounds like a cool idea. Home made EBC

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

it's been discussed several times, basically you use two ball spring boost controllers set to different psi, then add a vac solenoid and switch to toggle which is the boost reference, the higher or lower one

you can use it for a simplistic 2-stage launch control, or just having electrical control of a mbc to keep the hoses really short

Comment

G-E wrote: it's been discussed several times, basically you use two ball spring boost controllers set to different psi, then add a vac solenoid and switch to toggle which is the boost reference, the higher or lower one

you can use it for a simplistic 2-stage launch control, or just having electrical control of a mbc to keep the hoses really short
            News to me. Sounds like a cool idea, especially if your boost spikes for some reason.
            Chuck Stong
            300+ Parts and Performance owner
            http://www.300-plus.com
            2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

great idea man.. a while back i was thinking that there must be something interesting that can be done with those things sitting on a shelf collecting dust.. unfortunately i have no imagination.

Comment

ok. i just cant upload pics from my computer? well here it is.

Comment

Hey yeah, that's a cool old school mod. I think obso was doing that on his car and using the adjustable suspension switch for that and nitrous control. I've been saving as many of the air solenoids from AIV and FPRS, EGR, as I can.

s - slow - low boost
                  n - normal - high boost
                  f - fast - high boost +nitrous

Comment

Working...
                  X