FPR relocation with gutted plenum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPR relocation with gutted plenum

I am curious to hear where others have relocated the FRP when installing an L&P plenum or other plenum that wont allow for stock location.

I was thinking of simply mounting it near the stock fuel filter.

I also will be rerouting the stock vacuum lines that run in front of the plenum. I am thinking that a rout along the front frame x-member with silicon lines makes sense. Any suggestions from personal experience on this? I cant imagine there is much worry on this part.
    Just stand back and throw money.
    Performance costs money.
    Reliable performance costs more.

as far as i can remember, only the maxima intakes require the FPR to be moved! but yes right near the fuel filter is a good place!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

Comment

To say that only the maxima has to be relocated probably isn't entirely accurate.

http://www.redz31.com/turbofaq/mod.plenum.html

There are other examples of custom plenums that the stock location wont work on.

I considered the "slightly modified" location for the FPR with the L&P as it is shown on the link above but I have 2 considerations that make me not want to do that:

1- Actually creating a secure mount for it could / would be a pain as far as I can tell since the stock bolt holes for securing it no longer exist.

2- I would like to "clean up" the look of the engine. Now I do realize that fuel lines will be running up to my stock fuel rails, but that shouldn't look bad if routed well.

Anyhow...this is why I posted...for ideas. Hopefully I have given enough of my bassakwards logic to solicit some other ideas. :wink:
      Attached Files
      Performance costs money.

Comment

I made a bracket for mine and moved it to in front of the hood latch. I think it looks kinda cool. Oh and the most important part, it seems to work too!
        85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
        04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

SATAN wrote: I made a bracket for mine and moved it to in front of the hood latch. I think it looks kinda cool. Oh and the most important part, it seems to work too!
          Now that is a location I hadn't thought of. Interesting.

Ya...the whole working thing is a plus. 8)
          Performance costs money.

Comment

granted its not stock but... I still think its a good place to have it.

Sorry I know this pic is all over the place but this is just for a FPR reference.

85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
            04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

No need to apologize. I never get tired of seeing your engine bay or others that have gone well beyond the norm. Even for an NA guy I can still appreciate that big ass turbo in plain view....ooohhh chills...Good stuff in my book. 8)
              Performance costs money.

Comment

Mine is in the stock location with a LP plenum:

Comment

Jason-

did you fab a mounting bracket for it or just let the hoses support it in place?
                  Attached Files
                  Performance costs money.

Comment

OR-Zman wrote: Jason-

did you fab a mounting bracket for it or just let the hoses support it in place?
                    Look at the picture... it's mounted in the stock location.

Comment

Working...
                    X