need K value...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need K value...

hey whats going on guys? any of you know the k for the rx-7 550cc injectors, high ohm? also the null, im not even sure how this come into play, but does it go off the k or do i need that value? thanx guys..

alex
    Must Go Faster, Faster Untill The Thrill Of Speed Overcomes The Fear Of Death.

What afm are you using? Whats the base fuel pressure? Void value will depend on the injector characteristics.

Comment

hey thanx for the reply. for the AFM, i am still using the stock one. i have an n60 from a maxima, but dont know that to be much better. base fuel would be around ~40psi. grahfz wrote me a bin before, but i was never able to open it and cant verify what he used. with it the car runs fine for the most part, with a very low idle, between ~15-23 a/f ratio. having problems with the map sensor, but should have it figured out by tomorrow and will post a log to see if it helps. thanx..

alex

Comment

You can only really guestimate the K value using calculations without a wideband,... Even with a given maf and injector you can still only get it very close, not spot on.

I am using a cobra maf so the k value I use would be meaningless for you, but I'll have to see what I set the null time to, and in fact the ttpmin ended up having to be lowered 3 dec for a good idle as well.

Comment

Yep, that's the most I could do was guestimate. You really need to get a romulator in there.

Interesting that you can't open it still, it's a 16k file, you sure that you're using the 16k address file? I just went and pulled it out of the email that I sent to you, and popped open in NisTune no problem... I can't get liveedit to work anymore.

the K-val is x011F , void 004B

All I could do remotely is just kinda poke my finger at it just to get you going, it's time to get some more equipment to do it right.

Are those AFR's just at idle, or as you're driving around as well? I'd like to know what you're getting for driving around/boost..

I wouldn't be surprised if it's grossly rich... There's a lot left for you to gain if you can clean it up.
          vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
          2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

Hey chuck, whats going on? yeah, you pretty much had to blindly guess on that one. and it still turned out pretty decent for what it is. if you could provide the #s you used that would be great, that way we have a base to go from. here is a log i did today, only hit about 1.5 psi. i did it mostly to see if i could get a good log and not for the log itself, but here it is anyways. notice the AFM voltage though. about 2.7 at idle. sorry for the rough graph, im still trying to learn how to smoth it out and crop a section of it and stretch to make more readable.

any thoughts?
            also, i want to hold off on buying a romulator for the navram. so unless i find a slightly used one ill do the chips one at a time(still need to learn to do that too, but at least i have the hardwarew for it).

Comment

chips aren't too hard ;D

AFM range, when reading directly off of it , should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 2.5-7v, if my understanding is correct. The resistors in the ECU dumb this down, you will end up going over the rated 5v input for the lm-1....

AFR's are bouncing around.. are you running an o2 sensor? It's obviously very rough. How are your plugs looking?

You need something now, if you're wanting to drive the car, otherwise I'd wait.
              vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
              2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

My AE is the daily driver, thats why im not in too much of a hurry.

Comment

Working...
                X