So far I love the LM-1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So far I love the LM-1!

Got it set up and everything went just like the instructions said it would.

Then I hooked up the RPM converter through my Tach signal on my TECII and programed it the easy way(more than one way to program rpm's). At first it would just read a voltage for my RPM's???? SO I went to innovates forum did some searching and bingo found out I had to configure the accessory of the LM-1 so it knew that it was an rpm converter that it was reading.

Now I just gotta fix the 18:1 afr at 5lbs of boost!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I know I've said it before but damn there is so much info on the innovate forum. I have yet had the need to post a question. I just do searches and allways find the answer i'l looking for!
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

SATAN wrote: Now I just gotta fix the 18:1 afr at 5lbs of boost!!!!!
    how are you not blowing up? hehe

Comment

[quote]G-E wrote:
      Originally posted by SATAN
      Now I just gotta fix the 18:1 afr at 5lbs of boost!!!!!
      Better yet....How are you not knocking at 5lbs and 18:1afr?

Majik?
      I am here to help...

Comment

[quote]SATAN wrote: I know I've said it before but damn there is so much info on the innovate forum. I have yet had the need to post a question. I just do searches and allways find the answer i'l looking for!
        I would love for this forum to eventually become along those same lines.

[quote]Dan-TSS wrote:
        Originally posted by G-E:e1e70

Majik?[/quote:e1e70]

Have to wonder how much total timing is in the mix. Some people have it pull timing immediately as you enter positive pressure (or higher load) and even if the mixture is lean you would need it to start slightly misfiring before you really notice it. I can run 18.0 under light cruise (tp below 20), but anything in boost requires stoich or richer to fire properly. I can tell you he's losing a good bit of both response and power though!

At least I think people see now why tuning without a wideband is really shooting in the dark.

Comment

Well thats just it. At 1-2psi when the car feels quicker than a stock turbo Z the afr is like 13.5-14 but when I hit 5 psi at 4k this is where I let off just experimenting. like I said before Not in a super hurry to make power. Gotta break it in right first, which means nothing over 5psi or 4500 rpm's for me. But at 5lbs its starts breaking up pretty bad, this is when I let off. Looked at the log as saw that it maxed out at 18:1! This could be two things My TOG number is wrong(similar to the K value for you guys). Or It just need slight correcting on the main fuel curve at that point. I havnt had a chance to experiment with either.

I was running default Timing which was pretty advanced so I took out quite a bit and added fuel by compensating on the VE table at that load point. Soon as I have time I'll go reprogram it and see what happens. fricken hollidays use all of my available time :roll:

Comment

[quote]Dan-TSS wrote: [quote=G-E:5c123]

Majik?[/quote:5c123]

Not Majik but More like the dark side of the force :twisted: No I dont know, I still gotta jack with it...

Comment

Food for thought!
              When you get the time, post up a lm-1 datalog and give others an opportunity to looksey at what you have going on.
              Just the time scale and AFR offers viewers limited information, but for those of us that are familiar with the LM-1, it opens the door to a whole 'nother section of conversation/help.
              I have read that you have rpm all set, so that means you are datalogging afr's and rpm at a minimum. Post a log, tell us what gear(preferably 3rd or 4th) and lets diagnose the situation.
              Dan 8)
              I am here to help...

Comment

I have one problem that I havnt figured out yet. I cant save my datalog to the computer for some reason. every time I try it says "cannot open file" I have to keep the data in the LM-1 in order to view it. Still gotta figure out why that is.

Comment

I just got my XD-16 standalone guage and LC-1. Got the software loaded the first time. Everything looks of quality and fairly user friendly. I am getting the bung hole done after Christmas. But will let everyone know how I come up to speed from very little knowledge. Im reading!

Comment

i also have the xd-16 and lc-1 i love them wouldn't change it

Comment

wow, I'm glad to hear that at least one thing that I sold went right. I've had problems with every other thing that I've sold.

I thought that you had a wideband before.. was is just not accurate?
                      vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
                      2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

This is gona be a good thread. Got the brains talking on here. I intend to get the most out of my XD-16 so I can proceed somewhat intellegently.

Comment

grahfz wrote: wow, I'm glad to hear that at least one thing that I sold went right. I've had problems with every other thing that I've sold.

I thought that you had a wideband before.. was is just not accurate?
                          No I had the AEM wide band before but couldnt log the way I wanted too. I installed it and started the car tuned my idle AFR to 14.7 and then sold it to get your LM-1. Never drove it with the AEM in it. Got the LM-1 hooked it up and it read 14.7 at idle(AEM was just as acurate) So the only time I knew what the car was doing under driving circumstances was when I got the LM-1 hooked up.

Comment

so far I love you, SATAN.
                            Lance 'never-ending 88na2t project' Landry
                            I sell Z stuff when I'm not being lazy.
                            Trace cell phones via GPS: http://www.phonetrace.org

Comment

Working...
                            X