how do you fry a romulator ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you fry a romulator ?

well thats the only thing i can come up with now . first the maf now the romulator . i got a new serial cable to try with the new laptop that did work the first time i used it . i also unplugged the romulator and brought it in my house and hooked up to my pc that i know for a fact can program the romulator . i still can't talk to it . if the romulators shot i'll have a bunch of parts for sale because i'm getting rid of all the factory wire going to the engine and going full stand alone . i'm just about done fucking around with 20 year old wires .

boost. does a body good!

i dont really have an answer to your question, but if you think its any help you can use my setup to troubleshoot.. ive finally got my car running very nicely with a romulator and dsm injectors.. im planning on taking a ride to your place with tom and a few other guys for the z barbque.

Comment

that would be really cool to try . what i would like to do is try to load your software in to your romulator with my laptop if it works then i know my problem is in the romulator ecu set up some where .

boost. does a body good!

Comment

does anyone have any ideas on this i'm about ready to freak. my home pc now reads the romulator and i can upload files to it . i plug the romulator into the ecu and then back in the car with a bin file i know works . i get nothing but a fuel pump that is turning on and off like when load a file but it is constant and won't shut off until i try to start the car . i went though all the port settings on my laptop which is a dell latitude and it still will not read the romulator with either the trantronic or live edit software final or beta.

boost. does a body good!

Comment

I really can't think of much more, I was hoping Chris would be able to help you out by bringing his equipment. If you paid someone $5-10 to burn you a chip of the bin that was last running your car, you would know for sure if it was or was not the romulator itself.

Did you try posting this on the ztechz board as well? Might be worth a shot to see if they have any other ideas.

Comment

i really want to try swaping stuff with chris but i think i know what the result will be . i just want this car to run for next sunday and i don't think it will happen now .

boost. does a body good!

Comment

who can burn chips ? i would like to know for when i get a good tune if i ever get it figured out . and what chip would i need ?

boost. does a body good!

Comment

I can, but the mailing system eats them every now and again. I've done several for z31.com members.
                vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
                2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

*cough* *cough*

when did you retry? I have no missed package notices since I picked up some stuff from jason yesterday

Comment

Working...
                  X