No announcement yet.

Difference between z31 OEM distibutors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between z31 OEM distibutors?

My distributor has died in my 87 NA. My freind has an extra from an 89 NA. Nissan is showing one part number for 84-87, and another part number for 88-89. Will the two interchange? Or I may just need the CAS, so maybe those will interchange? I am just trying to get my Z up and running asap. I am going to try this out tommorow, but I figured I would try to find out beforehand if someone knows wether it will work or not. Thanks for any help.

Wonder what they possibly could have changed? Fairly simple concept

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

z

Comment

As far as I have ever heard they are the same part.

Don't try to remove and reinstall the CAS. That is a loosing prospect in most cases.

Just curious, but how much is a refurbished unit? Ive never had to look personally but...
        Just stand back and throw money.
        Performance costs money.
        Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

http://www.napaonline.com/masterpages/N ... or+-+Remfd

you can get just the sensor for 60 bucks less. So I would just go new

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

OR-Zman wrote:
            Don't try to remove and reinstall the CAS. That is a loosing prospect in most cases.
            Why?

I've done it twice.
            1976 280Z 2+2 Turbo
            '81 L28ET, '84 Turbo ECCS, '84-'85 rotors + Toyota 4x4 front calipers + 240SX rears, Z31 DXD Stage I clutch kit, Evo intercooler, Tokico lowering springs and HP blues
            "I drive an S30...your stock equipment is my future upgrade!"

Comment

they are all the same. if you need a used one let me know i can sell you one.

Comment

roastin300 wrote: they are all the same. if you need a used one let me know i can sell you one.
                Yup... I have one from an 88 on my 84 engine.

Comment

There is a difference in some. In fact, in the same year. And the parts are different.
                  Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

crowbar wrote: There is a difference in some. In fact, in the same year. And the parts are different.
                    At the risk of prolonging this thread. I found that the insides were different when I tried to transplant parts from one into another. There was no difference in the outside or the gears.
                    ...and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

Comment

[quote]Russ84na wrote:
                      Originally posted by crowbar
                      There is a difference in some. In fact, in the same year. And the parts are different.At the risk of prolonging this thread. I found that the insides were different when I tried to transplant parts from one into another. There was no difference in the outside or the gears.
                      I did notice that some CASs are a different shape, but they still work the same and fit the same.
                      1976 280Z 2+2 Turbo
                      '81 L28ET, '84 Turbo ECCS, '84-'85 rotors + Toyota 4x4 front calipers + 240SX rears, Z31 DXD Stage I clutch kit, Evo intercooler, Tokico lowering springs and HP blues
                      "I drive an S30...your stock equipment is my future upgrade!"

Comment

Working...
                      X