PLX DEVICES NARROWBAND TO WIDEBAND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLX DEVICES NARROWBAND TO WIDEBAND

Are any of you guys familiar with this company? I guess from what I read it will convert a wideband signal into a narrow and wide band. It will make it so a regular afr gauge will read wideband and the ecu will still see narrowband
    Who are you to tell me my uninformed opinion is wrong?!?!?

Expert: He who has made all the mistakes there is to make in a given field.

http://www.plxdevices.com

shoulda thrown that in there

Comment

Yes just about all wide band systems will do that right now.

The LM-1 has two out puts. You can set it up to do one as a narrow band signal to your ECU and one to run a wide band gauge. On top of that, you can calibrate both of the signals how you want.
      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Yeah, I was running mine like that for a while with my LM-1. It comes with the output cable, all you have to do is configure the output.

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: Yeah, I was running mine like that for a while with my LM-1. It comes with the output cable, all you have to do is configure the output.
          Dammit, it comes with the output? I think Grahfz forgot to send mine or he just couldnt find it. Meh oh well its only like 10 bucks shipped
          85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
          04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

TODD03412 wrote: Are any of you guys familiar with this company? I guess from what I read it will convert a wideband signal into a narrow and wide band. It will make it so a regular afr gauge will read wideband and the ecu will still see narrowband
            like the other guys said, most of them have a 0-1 output.. just a word of advice, do NOT buy a PLX. i had a terrible experience with them. i saved up and spent a shit load of money for the R-500.. the thing did everything.. it had a sick display, could datalog all sorts of inputs like a K type egt and a knock sensor.. i thought it was gonna be incredible... the thing was defective out of the box.. i spent a few days trying to figure out what i was doing wrong and then sent it back to them.. they fixed it and it broke in 2 days. the thing is total garbage, and i have heard of other stories.. on the other hand, i have heard good things about the m series widebands.. oh, just a note about the 0-1 volt output.. a lot of people are under the impression that they will be able to replace their stock sensor with the wideband and not have to weld a new bung into the exhaust.. if you put a wideband sensor in the stock location, the heat will destroy it.. the wideband needs to be further away from the turbo.. the plx looks and sounds cool, but go with an LM1 or LC1..

Comment

I most definetly will go with the LM-1 or LC-1. Thank you for the heads up

Comment

The other thing to consider is that the LM-1 is supported by NisTune(as are a couple of others). So if you are planning on tuning using NisTune get the LM-1
                ...and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

Comment

I have a plx, and it works fine.
                  Chuck Stong
                  300+ Parts and Performance owner
                  http://www.300-plus.com
                  2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

Working...
                  X