Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody put a positive I.D. on this ECU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody put a positive I.D. on this ECU?

It came out of a parts car and i'm not sure what it is. It could be an 88ss, or it could be and 85-87 turbo. Can somebody enlighten me a bit more?

If you need a different angle of photo, let me know.

My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
    My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
    207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

were is Z bum....

Did you look on his sight?

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

That's an 88-89 Turbo 5spd Federal Emissions ECU...could have come from an SS like you thought.

1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo (Budget Supercar)
      1987 Nissan 200SX SE (Old School FR)
      1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R (Balls To The Wall Track Car)
      2000 Nissan Maxima SE (Daily Driver)
      2006 Scion tC (Wife Whip)

In an ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand, so my right hand could just be a fist for punching.

Comment

The information you seek is right here:

http://www.redz31.com/pages/fuel.html

FYI there is no such thing as an 88SS ECU, only an 88 turbo ECU that happened to come from an SS.

Comment

SH!T

This means the former owner used this ecu on what I think are low-empedance injectors. What do i do?

I have unkown injectors, but they appear to be the non-dual-feed variety, with only one rubber hose going down to the injector insteady of the odd two hoses on my 87na injectors. I haven't any idea on the o2, but i assume it matches injectors. How fast will running no resisters burn those injectors up?
          My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
          My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
          207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

Appears as if it's an 88-89T ecu. Read the link for O2 information.

It won't burn up the injectors, they can handle the additional current without issue. It CAN fry the injector drivers in the ECU because you are making them drive an injector with about 4 times less resistance, which means 4 times the current through the circuit. The saturated drivers in the 88-89 ECU's rely on the high impedance saturated injectors to operate safely. It's not that you HAVE TO, but you should install dropping resistors to bring the current into acceptable range for use with the low impedance injectors. I'm not saying that you will fry the drivers if you don't install resistors, just that they remedy this potential problem when the driver is at a high duty.

Check the injectors using an ohm meter, but all top feed factory installed in USDM Z31's are low-imp.

Comment

Working...
            X