VG33 and 6 individual coils mounted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VG33 and 6 individual coils mounted

Been working on the Z yesterday and today and here's the progress with the VG33ET and mounting the 6 individual coils for the Microtech LT-12s with external X6 ignition box.

Shiro #443

looks verry nice and clean
    good luck
    1985 na2t slicktop 87t front and rear end with 96 z32 front brakes

Comment

That looks SOOO GOOOD! very clean too. What are your plans for your oil catch can? I see you currently have the outlet pointed toward the back of the bay???

Who makes those coils? I love how you have 3 one one side and 3 on the other. Very nice job. very clean. I even like the knock off NISMO oil cap. I may have to get me one of those!

Wait a second, what are you going to do about a battery hold down now? Or is there still room behind that coil for one to fit?

Do you got a pic of the whole engine bay the way it sits right now? I can see you got some money sitting in all of those AN fittings. You did the same thing on your fuel rails that I did. As far as bolting them down I mean.
      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Your car looks edible

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

looks great
          2005 whore magnet

Comment

:shock: SWEET ......La fiebre
            1988 SS TURBO BEING RESTORE.
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2238220

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

SATAN wrote: That looks SOOO GOOOD! very clean too. What are your plans for your oil catch can? I see you currently have the outlet pointed toward the back of the bay???
              I might put the oil catch can where the factory coil goes.I can swivel those fittings around easily

SATAN wrote: Who makes those coils? I love how you have 3 one one side and 3 on the other. Very nice job. very clean. I even like the knock off NISMO oil cap. I may have to get me one of those!
              Those are Bosch coils made in Australia and sold with the Microtech.The oil cap...Ebay special

SATAN wrote:
              Wait a second, what are you going to do about a battery hold down now? Or is there still room behind that coil for one to fit?
              Yeah the hold down fits.It's just laying there to the side for now.

SATAN wrote:
              Do you got a pic of the whole engine bay the way it sits right now? I can see you got some money sitting in all of those AN fittings. You did the same thing on your fuel rails that I did. As far as bolting them down I mean.
              Here are some more pics.It's the same setup I had before except for the
              individual coils.I also have to remove the rotor from the distributor and make some kinda cover plate.I only need the CAS.

Shiro #443

Comment

Nice, even with all of that crap in there, (power steering ac lines, half a distributor lol) still looks nice and simple. AND SO CLEAN I could eat out of that engine bay!

On your plenum, do the bolts being on top allow you to torqe them high enough and not crush in the top of the plenum? Do you have some sort of spacer inside to withstand the crushing?

Nice! I just noticed the red oil pan too!

very nice. Now just figure out that distributor issue
                85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

just wait until that wiring harness gets in there

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

no VR sensor on the crank instead of the dizzy's CAS?
                    BLOZ UP.com
                    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

Comment

Cant' wait to hear that beach start up.

Wazzup....... La fiebre.
                      1988 SS TURBO BEING RESTORE.
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2238220

Comment

Yeah the Microtech uses the factory CAS.No need to make some type of magnet crank position thing and bracket like the SDS.
                        Shiro #443

Comment

RE:

That does look gorgeous! Nice work painting the engine bay.

2 questions:

1 - where did you find the adjustable cam pulleys for the VG?

2 - did you do the plenum yourself? It looks very good. Do you know how it would compare with the pathy plenum?

Thanks,
                          Mike.
                          '84 AE Z31 - last time it was dyno'd - 392RWHP, 431 Ft-Lb RWTQ.

For this year - building a VG33, bigger turbo (GT35R BB), just got done with making my own custom roll cage, all of the bodywork and a new paint job!

Want more details? Check out my profile on vg30et.com!

Comment

Re: RE:

turbomike wrote:
                            1 - where did you find the adjustable cam pulleys for the VG
                            http://www.Z31parts.com
                            2005 whore magnet

Comment

Damn! I can't believe I've never seen that site before!!!

That's all of the goodies I've been procrastinating about trying to make myself... awesome...
                              '84 AE Z31 - last time it was dyno'd - 392RWHP, 431 Ft-Lb RWTQ.

For this year - building a VG33, bigger turbo (GT35R BB), just got done with making my own custom roll cage, all of the bodywork and a new paint job!

Want more details? Check out my profile on vg30et.com!

Comment

Working...
                              X