Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you guys doing with your LM-1 rpm converters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you guys doing with your LM-1 rpm converters...

How the hell do you guys mount them. I'm debating on just running a screw through the damn thing to mount it ( ok not really).

But this is what gets me about Innovate. They sell an amazing product but everthing related to the LM-1 (including the LM-1 itself) just FLOPS around. It comes with no way to mount anything. What a cluster!

The only thing that is mounted is the damn O2 sensor. You guys got any pics of some of your solutions? or you just throw it in the glove box and call it good. I just hate the cluster of wires all over the damn place.

DAMN YOU INNOVATE! :evil:
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

I put mine in the armrest box. It mounts on the lip near the top with enough room to get stuff under it. Now if you can help me figure out how to get the damn thing to work. Let me know how you hooked up to read RPM's
    ...and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

Comment

Uh...

I just plugged in the RPM cable and ran a signal from the Tach output on my TEC2 into the rpm slot on the converter. then I ran the engine and held it at 2k rpm and hit set up, the light started blinking, I held it at 2k until the light was solid. BAM works great. The only thing I had to do was go into the settings and tell the LM-1 that the auxilary that it was reading was the RPM converter that way it knew to put out an actual rpm reading instead of a voltage reading.

What is the problem that you are having exactly?
      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

I am not getting a correct RPM reading. It is ok at idle , but as the RPM's increase the reading doesn't keep up.
        I think I need to go back and redo the entire set up. Some where in the hold the rpm's a 2K and push a button is where I think my problem is. I'll give it another try and if it doesn't work I yell for help.
        Thanks
        My problem is with the LM-3. The LM-1 is OK, but your right it is ugly and a pain to put somewhere. Sorry
        ...and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

Comment

Working...
        X