No announcement yet.

now i feel like a fucking retard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

before i got those readings i rigged up a one wire o2 sensor to the ecu pin out for it so i beleive i have some o2 control . it doesn't seem to make much of a deference when i change the k unless i go big like 20 to 30 k .

boost. does a body good!

Comment

what should my afr be around at idle i've got it hanging around 11.5-12.0 anything leaner and it's rough . but it is also idleing high at about 1100 rpm.

boost. does a body good!

Comment

jjewell wrote: what should my afr be around at idle i've got it hanging around 11.5-12.0 anything leaner and it's rough . but it is also idleing high at about 1100 rpm.
        My car will still idle out well past 16.0.... barely, but it idles. Mine is set about 13.9 at idle with 800-900rpm. Are you logging this with the LM-1 or just reading the display? Try adjusting timing and see if it makes a difference either way.

Do you have the TPS connected? If so, disconnect it and see if there's any difference.

Comment

but you are using 93 octane.... even slightly lean you're less likely to detonate

Comment

G-E wrote: but you are using 93 octane.... even slightly lean you're less likely to detonate
            At that point (idle) it's more simply a matter of mixture density, and octane rating has very little to do with it.

Comment

ok i got to spend so time on the car today . when it's running rich it idles pretty well with afr's around 11.5 . as i reduce the k i can get it run around 13.5 but within a few seconds it starts to run real shitty and the afr's go from 12-14.5 up and down . i left it run like this for a while and played around with the timing and few other sensors but nothing makes that big of a difference. this is really getting old and i know it's going to end up being something stupid .

boost. does a body good!

Comment

so disconnect all the idle controls, cap the egr and aiv, edit out the chts and o2 sensors in the ecu.... might as well cap the pcv too

basically disable anything that can vary

if your idle keeps jumping around then it has to be the tps

Comment

Working...
                X