ecu swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ecu swap?

can someone let me know if 84-86 ecu can be installed in 87-89. looking to purchase late model and pick up early model donor. i know i will need a turbo ecu to control the different injectors (without going full custom engine management system). Or.... is there a better/cost effective way to go? thanx in advance.

Jason has a good matrix for ecus and injectors.

I would not use a 84-85 turbo 300zx ecu on anything but those years cars. They are probably good for turboing things like maximas (80s type) and such projects. But they use the large O2 sensor and low impedance injectors.
    Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

crowbar wrote: Jason has a good matrix for ecus and injectors.

I would not use a 84-85 turbo 300zx ecu on anything but those years cars. They are probably good for turboing things like maximas (80s type) and such projects. But they use the large O2 sensor and low impedance injectors.
      where is that info? i was pretty sure that i was going to take the injectors from the donor car because they are top feed anyways. haven't gone there yet tho.........

Comment

http://www.redz31.com/pages/fuel.html
        Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

so if i read that chart correctly, if i get in to an 87 n/a, i could use the turbo ecu from 84-85 to run the bigger injectors and still utilize the same O2 sensor. right? do all of them connect the same in the car?

Comment

Working...
          X