knock sensor through radio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knock sensor through radio?

I SEARCHED AND SEARCHED AND SEARCHED.....to see if you guys had discussed this so I didnt have to sound like a broken record if it had been discussed, but......

On jasons main page there is a link to http://www.zrelated.com where there is a page about running your knock sensor through your AUX on your pioneer or Kenwood. Any of you guys do this?!?!?!?!?! I wanted to do it tonight, but I figured I might ask first....etc etc etc
    Who are you to tell me my uninformed opinion is wrong?!?!?

Expert: He who has made all the mistakes there is to make in a given field.

It works, as long as you know what to listen for.

Since the audio signal produced from the knock sensor isnt a very strong in signal, you probably will have to turn up the volume on the radio 3/4 of the way in order to hear the sensor, and more so if you have a loud car to begin with. Don't forget to turn the radio back down when your done. Otherwise your ears will bleed when the radio is selected.

I dont suggest that you listen to the knock sensor while you are racing on the street or track. 100% of your attention needs to be on the road, and on the revs of the engine. Anyways, it alittle too late when your knocking during a race.

For my 86 NA2T, I have taken a different approach to detecting detonation. With the Z stripped out and solid engine mounts, knock sounds like I'm driving through a bed of pebbles that are hitting the inside of the fenders. Its VERY obvious.
    [strike:ff0tp92h]1984 300ZXT[/strike:ff0tp92h]
    [strike:ff0tp92h]1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T[/strike:ff0tp92h]
    2000 Porsche Boxster
    2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

yeah, Downpipe dump makes it audible too

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: yeah, Downpipe dump makes it audible too
        You mean on an external wastegate, yes? Until I venture into something like that I think I will try the radio thing, plus what an extra having a hookup for my mp3 player !!!!!!!

Dont give me a gay answer or I will pee in your back seat again :shock:

Comment

No, for tuning timing, unhook your exhaust and listen for the BAD noised.

Comment

GOTCHA GOTCHA GOTCHA.............shit man, if its that easy then I will just weld something up so part of the exhaust come right into the car and I can therefore hear it better (ESPECIALLY IF I CLOSE UP THE WINDOWS) !!!!!

(NOTE TO READER: IM JOKING......I KNOW SOME PEOPLE ARE THAT DUMB..BUT IM JOKING..ITS MEANT FOR YOU TO LAUGH AT..NOT TAKE SERIOUS

Comment

TODD03412 wrote: GOTCHA GOTCHA GOTCHA.............shit man, if its that easy then I will just weld something up so part of the exhaust come right into the car and I can therefore hear it better (ESPECIALLY IF I CLOSE UP THE WINDOWS) !!!!!

(NOTE TO READER: IM JOKING......I KNOW SOME PEOPLE ARE THAT DUMB..BUT IM JOKING..ITS MEANT FOR YOU TO LAUGH AT..NOT TAKE SERIOUS
              I don't think we've explored the nutritional value of exhaust soot yet.... try it and let us know what you taste

Comment

TODD03412 wrote: GOTCHA GOTCHA GOTCHA.............shit man, if its that easy then I will just weld something up so part of the exhaust come right into the car and I can therefore hear it better (ESPECIALLY IF I CLOSE UP THE WINDOWS) !!!!!

Aww, I wish I would have read the last part of this post before getting all excited and going out and trying it right away. ops:
                85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

SATAN wrote:
                  Aww, I wish I would have read the last part of this post before getting all excited and going out and trying it right away. ops:

HAHAHAHAHA, Im glad I could make you guys laugh :lol:

I wish I coulda seen the look on some peoples faces after they read that HAHAHAHAHA
                  youd be like :shock:

Comment

man i just took a nap after doing that "exhaust mod" you guys were talking about... i swear dead people don't sleep this good. you guys should really try it!
                    Funny stories!

Comment

Yeah, Forget to mention it doubles as a sleep aid.

Comment

Working...
                      X