Trying to decide on a new setup....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to decide on a new setup....

If you read the engine mechanical section you will see that I just picked up a Holset H1C (similar to an HX35). I am now in the process of getting all of the other parts I need to accompany it. For injectors, I was looking at the 420cc benz injectors but have also heard to people using dsm 450cc injectors? For an AFM, I am trying to decide between the 93 Cobra and the z32. I plan on getting a walbro 255lph fuel pump and a pocket romulator as well. So my question is, which injectors and which AFM cause the least amount of hassle and is there anything I might need that I missed? Sorry for the newbish sort of question, but I was hoping people who have used the items listed could shed some light on their experiences with them.

440whp on pump fuel and the STOCK MAF

enjoyrth wrote: If you read the engine mechanical section you will see that I just picked up a Holset H1C (similar to an HX35). I am now in the process of getting all of the other parts I need to accompany it. For injectors, I was looking at the 420cc benz injectors but have also heard to people using dsm 450cc injectors? For an AFM, I am trying to decide between the 93 Cobra and the z32. I plan on getting a walbro 255lph fuel pump and a pocket romulator as well. So my question is, which injectors and which AFM cause the least amount of hassle and is there anything I might need that I missed? Sorry for the newbish sort of question, but I was hoping people who have used the items listed could shed some light on their experiences with them.
    if you are looking for "least hassle" then get the 420cc injectors and z32 afm.. they will bolt right in with no changes.. cobra afm requires a slight wiring change, and dsm injectors are o-ring, not barbed..

now also consider that 420cc's and the cobra afm combo already has many established tunes.. if you dealt with the wiring and used the cobra afm you could potentially save a lot of time tuning the car.

Comment

[quote]Chris86NA2T wrote:
      Originally posted by enjoyrth
      If you read the engine mechanical section you will see that I just picked up a Holset H1C (similar to an HX35). I am now in the process of getting all of the other parts I need to accompany it. For injectors, I was looking at the 420cc benz injectors but have also heard to people using dsm 450cc injectors? For an AFM, I am trying to decide between the 93 Cobra and the z32. I plan on getting a walbro 255lph fuel pump and a pocket romulator as well. So my question is, which injectors and which AFM cause the least amount of hassle and is there anything I might need that I missed? Sorry for the newbish sort of question, but I was hoping people who have used the items listed could shed some light on their experiences with them.
      if you are looking for "least hassle" then get the 420cc injectors and z32 afm.. they will bolt right in with no changes.. cobra afm requires a slight wiring change, and dsm injectors are o-ring, not barbed..

now also consider that 420cc's and the cobra afm combo already has many established tunes.. if you dealt with the wiring and used the cobra afm you could potentially save a lot of time tuning the car.
      yeah, i was leaning towards the cobra afm and 420s anyway. I think wiring issues will be much easier to deal with than tuning issues.

Comment

what types of wiring changes?

Comment

cobra maf has an extra wire if I remember correctly

Comment

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/wolfpd ... NGINST.PDF

is this what you are asking?

Comment

Working...
            X