Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modified ECU for GT35R turbo

Hi all

Im looking for tuned VG30ET bin (Z31 manual, turbo, ´88 ) for following configuration:

Garrett GT35R,compressor trim56, turbine trim 84, turbine A/R .82
    boost pressure 1.5bar
    estimated power about 450-500hp at flywheel
    440cc injectors (RC Engineering, high impedance)
    Z32TT AFM

What I need is base tune to suit above turbo (especially correct TP scale to suit boost up to 1.5bar) to help me begin with fine tuning by wideband lambda. Will be nice to tune also AFM and injectors, but this I can do by myself if neccessary.

my email: mailtoastucha@egamed.sk

Thank you for you help

what compression ratio is your engine?
    [strike:ff0tp92h]1984 300ZXT[/strike:ff0tp92h]
    [strike:ff0tp92h]1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T[/strike:ff0tp92h]
    2000 Porsche Boxster
    2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

Hi, it is standard ´88 VG30ET compression, 8.3:1.

Thank you

Comment

As far as I can help:

For expanding your maps, you should read this informative write-up. http://ztechz.net/id10.html
        Look under "expanding the maps" and also read the revision at the very bottom. With that knowledge in hand, you should be able to successfully expand your maps to meet your air flow needs.

^^^^^I don't know the boost limit on a stock BIN, but I'm sure someone else can chime in with that info.
        2000 Porsche Boxster
        2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

Hi
          Thanks for information. I allready read this article but ask for help becouse not only for expanding map (what is not so complicated in fact), but mainly to get base fuel and ignition map for this turbo (correct base map shape for larger turbo) , as expanding maps is not only puprose.....

But thanks anyway.

Comment

Well, there are some base maps that ressemble your setup here: http://www.redz31.com/pages/fuel/bin.html
            the fourth and fifth down.

hope that helps
            2000 Porsche Boxster
            2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

thanks for useful link.
              can I ask you question about changing cobra AFM to Z32AFM? There is no cobra afm datafile in live edit, will be ok just load one of these bin files mapped for cobra afm into liveedit and commit change to Z32AFM?
              Thank you

Comment

raddy wrote: thanks for useful link.
                can I ask you question about changing cobra AFM to Z32AFM? There is no cobra afm datafile in live edit, will be ok just load one of these bin files mapped for cobra afm into liveedit and commit change to Z32AFM?
                Thank you
                hmmm, good question.

I dont think that is a good idea. I think your TP scales will be wrong.

This is what I would do.

Take the base fuel and timing maps from which ever BIN you choose and transplant those into a stock 88T BIN using a hexeditor. Then use LiveEdit to make the fuel injector, TTPMin, TPPMax, and AFM changes. That should give you a good base map to start with.
                Attached Files
                2000 Porsche Boxster
                2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

Actually, I'd start with the l28et bin...it should be pretty close as far as k-value, VQ table, TTPs, fuel, timing, and perhaps even TP scale. It's still run off the z31 ecu. Some tweaking to the k value and TP scale, and perhaps even TTP table, is to be expected and not terribly difficult with a wideband O2 and a good boost guage

Comment

thanks a lot for your help guys.

bemis: you right, this is one way, I just didnt realise it....

bmanz: thanks for explanation of l28et bin....I was just affraid about this l28et in description, if this can be some differnt engine or so :roll:

Comment

bmanz wrote: Actually, I'd start with the l28et bin...it should be pretty close as far as k-value, VQ table, TTPs, fuel, timing, and perhaps even TP scale. It's still run off the z31 ecu. Some tweaking to the k value and TP scale, and perhaps even TTP table, is to be expected and not terribly difficult with a wideband O2 and a good boost guage
                      I just downloaded this file, but it looks as standard Z31 map without any modifications....Can you check this bin, please?

Thanks

Comment

More of these bins are looking like standard unmodified maps, for example bernard-stockmaf-ford370cc.bin....

Comment

[`

Comment

Sir, please excuse my ignorancy, I didnt noticed that this is 32kb file ops: ops: ops: ops: ops: ops:

I think that z31 ECU using allways last half of eprom memory, is this correct?

Thanks

Comment

yes
                              2000 Porsche Boxster
                              2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

Working...
                              X